TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > For Sale Section > Dealers and Deals made
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2016, 04:19 PM   #1
chipper229

Default How to price TM using NADA?

Looking for advice on best way to use NADA to calculate value of 2009 TM 3124KB I'm looking at. It has power hitch, awning, A/C, both hanging cabs and micro drawer, stove cover and propane grill quick connect, LCD TV mount. All else is standard equip. NADA site lists "options", many of which are standard on the TM. Seems to me I should add just options that are true TM options, then add an allowance for the cabs and micro drawer to arrive at a price. Trying to get seller and I somewhere near the same page.... I'm coming up with ~$14,500, and he's north of $18K but quoting many standards as options. I realize that condition counts and that NADA seems to undervalue what TMs are getting in the market, just looking for a starting point. Any advice welcome. Thanks!
chipper229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #2
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper229 View Post
Looking for advice on best way to use NADA to calculate value of 2009 TM 3124KB I'm looking at. It has power hitch, awning, A/C, both hanging cabs and micro drawer, stove cover and propane grill quick connect, LCD TV mount. All else is standard equip. NADA site lists "options", many of which are standard on the TM. Seems to me I should add just options that are true TM options, then add an allowance for the cabs and micro drawer to arrive at a price. Trying to get seller and I somewhere near the same page.... I'm coming up with ~$14,500, and he's north of $18K but quoting many standards as options. I realize that condition counts and that NADA seems to undervalue what TMs are getting in the market, just looking for a starting point. Any advice welcome. Thanks!
I think we have learned that the price of TM's varies greatly based on geography of the TM being sold. Where is this TM located?
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Chipper -

Your approach seems reasonable. You don't want to get dragged down into the swamp of options-that-aren't options on NADAguides, or arguing over every niggling little option from TM. I think you can find a sentence in the directions at NADAguides that warns you against including options-that-aren't-options. Shows this to the seller.

When I have used the site, I have allowed it to price the big options. For most years, these are the air conditioner, awning, swing hitch, and maybe a tongue jack. Is the TV antenna optional these days? In the real old days there were a bunch of strange ones (spare tire, battery, and so forth), but that was pre-2000.

As an interesting exercise, run NADA twice, the first time listing only the big options. Then run it again, adding the cabinets. Most of the time, the bottom line difference barely makes lunch money. And since NADAguides isn't nearly that accurate to start with, it seems a bit pointless to get excited. But you can use these small differences in your negotiations.

Just my opinion.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I believe the best pricing guide is a nationwide Craigslist search. Sometimes there are enough to get a good idea, sometimes not. It depends on the model and year.

It all boils down to what you are comfortable paying. Comparing other similar-length trailers can also give you a general idea. Compare different trailers to the TM, understanding that TMs have a higher value to us. You may find lots of 2009 trailers of about 27', but be careful to compare living-box length, not overall length. Then, it is comparing 31' box length.

As I said, lots of variables. And, a new 3124 would be north of $35k.

Good luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #5
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Prices seem to be rising since I bought mine in '14, maybe it is the lack of new ones.

That said a 2009 is now seven model years old and that has the largest effect but bottom line it is whatever price a buyer and seller can agree on.

Here is a data point.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:59 PM   #6
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosecreeklarry View Post
My question is do you think a price of $8,000 is realistic? I would at least like to break even if possible. Thanks for your feedback mrs goosecreek larry
RIght now TM's in good condition are going for premium prices ... the lack of new ones apparently is helping the resale market in a very positive way.

You don't have any pictures posted, so the condition of your TM would really drive the price to the higher range, assuming all the major systems (A/C, fridge, furnance, water heater ... ) are working.

So I don't know if 8K is realistic, but there is only one way to find out: list it on CL or rvtrader.com and see! Good luck ...
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:26 PM   #7
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Only two on Orlando CL right now:
2003 TrailManor 3124KS - $7500
2006 Trailmanor 2720SL - $8900

Both have been listed for a while.