TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
kieranmullen

Default Parts: External Cabinet Locks and Light Covers

What size door locks are generally used and does anyone have any suggestions?

Also what are your suggestions for those plastic light covers or is it better just to get new ones?

Thanks! (Threads are being moved but I am not told the correct section to post to? which is kinda lame) If you need someone to donate hosting service my company has a dedicated server we would be happy to donate space to to help with your costs.

kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
treii28

Default square lights

Mine is an older (1996) 2720 and uses the square ceiling lights that have been standard in campers and trailers (about 4"x5" in size)
I was in the process of replacing the bulbs with LEDs when one of the types I tried had a meltdown. I just picked up some standard replacement covers from the local Camping World. The tabs along the side seemed to be a single, long tab, when the original had two smaller tabs. I just used a utility knife to carefully cut away the parts of the tab i didn't need and it worked fine.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by treii28 View Post
Mine is an older (1996) 2720 and uses the square ceiling lights that have been standard in campers and trailers (about 4"x5" in size)
I was in the process of replacing the bulbs with LEDs when one of the types I tried had a meltdown. I just picked up some standard replacement covers from the local Camping World. The tabs along the side seemed to be a single, long tab, when the original had two smaller tabs. I just used a utility knife to carefully cut away the parts of the tab i didn't need and it worked fine.
What type of LEDs worked best for you? Looking for some that aren't harsh on the eyes.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
Riwright
TrailManor Master

If you want bulbs that aren't harsh on the eyes I would look for "warm white" bulbs. The different types are:

Cool white: A little bluish like a flourescent bulb. Most people find these harsh. Easy to see with. Good for work areas.
Warm white: A little yellowish like an incandescent bulb. Very pleasant for living areas. Not as bright.
Daylight: This is a "straight white". Good for work areas.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #5
kieranmullen

External cabinet locks anyone? Like to keep things locked up.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
Sterman
Site Sponsor

This place has an assortment of 12V lighting, including LED:

http://www.commandelectronics.com/index.html
Old 08-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
MisterP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranmullen View Post
External cabinet locks anyone? Like to keep things locked up.
If you are referring to locks to add to interior cabinets, I see no reason to do so. I have a safe for valuables, and other stuff except for the TV I tend to take with me if I am concerned about it while away from the trailer.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
kieranmullen

Again I am referring to the external cabinet. External does not imply interior.

Newer models have locks. Mine does not.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
MisterP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranmullen View Post
External does not imply interior.
I beg to differ. Three of my exterior hatches lead to storage areas that are also accessible from the interior of the Trailmanor. Don't get testy.

I have owned two TMs. Both had locks on all exterior hatches to storage areas, which I gather you are referring to as cabinets. As I have noted elsewhere in the forum, cylinder lock kits containing four cylinder-style keyed alike locks are available at Camping World. Since most of the world has keys that unlock standard RV locks, the cylinder locks are a great improvement.

If you have latches that turn 90 degrees to latch the cabinet access door, the cylinder locks can replace them. If you have no latches of any type, you will need to drill holes for them. Measure the thickness of your cabinet doors, the locks come in different sizes to fit a range of wall thicknesses.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
kieranmullen

How you have access to the items inside the storage locker is not important. I was inquiring about locks on the interior then I would ask about interior locks. It is not hard to understand.

I did not know that they were all of different thickness. I guess a trip to campingworld it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
I beg to differ. Three of my exterior hatches lead to storage areas that are also accessible from the interior of the Trailmanor. Don't get testy.

I have owned two TMs. Both had locks on all exterior hatches to storage areas, which I gather you are referring to as cabinets. As I have noted elsewhere in the forum, cylinder lock kits containing four cylinder-style keyed alike locks are available at Camping World. Since most of the world has keys that unlock standard RV locks, the cylinder locks are a great improvement.

If you have latches that turn 90 degrees to latch the cabinet access door, the cylinder locks can replace them. If you have no latches of any type, you will need to drill holes for them. Measure the thickness of your cabinet doors, the locks come in different sizes to fit a range of wall thicknesses.