TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2024, 07:30 PM   #11
S&C-Nevada

Default Kitchen Sink Faucet Replacement

Hi All. I have a 2002 2720 SL. I've been working on it for awhile. Several months ago, the kitchen sink faucet spout broke at its base. I've read these forums, found and exact replacemnt faucet, replaced the spout only, avoiding replacing the entire unit and accessing the connections beneath the sink. I recall pressure testing the repair and found no leaks. I was astonished this worked. Fast forward two months, I'm checking the systems in preparation for our maiden voyage. All systems seem to be working, and then I turn on the kitchen sink and discover there are leaks around both handles and below the sink. These are active leaks, not drips. Note that there were no leaks with the handles in the off position. I removed the spout to inspect the O-ring seal and the base to see if there were any cracks in the "mixing chamber" below the spout. None. Does anyone have any ideas? I believe the connections between the supply lines and faucet are watertight because there are no leaks in the off position. The O-ring seal between the base of the spout and the body appears good. The leaks appear when either of the valves are opened, so I'm doubtful the problem is a valve seal. I've speculated that one of the hot water or cold water passages from the valves to the mixing chamber may have been cracked when the spout broke. I can't find any cracks from above. I'd like to avoid the time and effort replacing the entire faucet if possible. I'd appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.
S&C-Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote