TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
leyva33

Default 2008 3023 Water Heater Question

Hello- I recently red the manual for my 2008 3023 Trailmanor and I need some help in confirming how the water heater works.

I understand that I have the 6 gallon model that runs both on Electric and Gas. The questions I have are:

1. If I am running on Electricity (using the "On" switch OUTSIDE the trailer), do I need to use the "On" switch inside the trailer using the red button as well or is that only used for Gas?

2. When I am finished with the hot water, do I need to turn off both "On" buttons or can I leave them on during the trip? I had heard you can burn up the water heater by leaving them on but I am not sure if that is true.

Thank you very much for the help!

Joe
Old 05-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyva33 View Post
Hello- I recently red the manual for my 2008 3023 Trailmanor and I need some help in confirming how the water heater works.

I understand that I have the 6 gallon model that runs both on Electric and Gas. The questions I have are:

1. If I am running on Electricity (using the "On" switch OUTSIDE the trailer), do I need to use the "On" switch inside the trailer using the red button as well or is that only used for Gas?

2. When I am finished with the hot water, do I need to turn off both "On" buttons or can I leave them on during the trip? I had heard you can burn up the water heater by leaving them on but I am not sure if that is true.

Thank you very much for the help!

Joe
There are two modes of service for the WH. (1) is electric and the other is gas/propane. They run independently of each other. The red button is for the propane side of the heater and is used only for the gas mode. I have heard some owners suggest the recovery period or continuous for new hot water is faster if you run both modes at the same time. Ive not tried that myself.

You should turn off all WH switches when you travel. You can burn up the water heating element if the electric switch is left ON and there is no water in the WH tank. I assume you can burn up the heater tank if you leave the gas running and the burner ON with no water in the tank as well.

Its always best to attach the fresh water hose/city water or make sure there is water running from the hot side of the faucet tap before switching ON the WH system in either mode.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote