TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Al-n-Sue

Default Real owners now!

We brought our 2003 3124kb home on Tuesday. The dealer did a marvelous job of cleaning it up and adjusting everything. They even gave a few parts a new coat of paint! If I didn't know better, I'd say it looks almost new. I checked it out while parked in the street at home and everything looks great. The previous owners made a few mods that are very nice -

-deadbolt lock on lower door
-changed round handle for a lever handle
-added speakers for the radio/cd above the rear bed
-installed a thin radiant heat barrier under each mattress
-added a small vanity in the bath - it hangs on the outside wall of the shower using standard TM hangers
-replaced 3 lights with flourescent fixtures (ThinLights)
-covered all 3 roof vents with MaxxAir covers
-covered each step with removable/washable step covers
-installed a small mirror on the back of the wardrobe door
-etched a code on each key and its matching lock
-added rigid plastic propane tank covers

I'll probably find a few more things as I get out and use it. In addition, I asked the dealer to install a cabinet over the stove, the new camber latch for the dutch door, and give me some of the new "velcro dots" used in the newer models. He did each, plus installed the dots for me - all at no extra charge! They also included a "new owners pack" which included a sewer hose with attachments, a water hose, a water line pressure reducer, a 30 amp to 110 converter plug, and chemicals for the toilet.

The TM towed very nicely on the way home - no WDH needed as far as I can tell. The Durango has a pretty heavy duty rear suspension, so hardly any drop at all.
We won't be able to take it out till the end of the month, so I had to take it to storage.
I attached a photo, plus I'm working on my very own TM page and will add that URL to this thread when I get it ready.
We are really excited to get out and use our new trailer - we have waited a long time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1648r.JPG
Views:	590
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	2605