TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
TrailGuy77

Question Windows Hard to Open/Close on 2009 1/2 Newer TM

Does anyone else have a 2009 1/2 or newer TM with black frames/tinted windows that's experiencing difficulty opening/closing their windows?

Many of mine were this way when new along with the curtain guides rubbing on the valances and the locks not engaging.After a couple returns to the dealer they seemed to work better but now the one behind the long couch is acting up again.The entire window might need to be replaced.You can see my detailed description in an earlier post in this section.

My dealer said that many customers have complained about these windows being difficult to open/close.He said to just keep them lubed with silicone spray but it does not seem to help a whole lot.

One thing for sure,my 2003 had much better functioning windows in it!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
TexasCamper

Default Windows not closing

Yes, I have a similar issue with my 2008 model 3023. The windows slide easily, but I have a very hard time to push the window closed the last 1/16" to get the window to click into the locked position. I've found that on the outside frame, there is a black rubber seat that the window is being closed into to make it water-tight. Sometimes, the edge of the rubber gets caught by the window glass and gets tucked inward. I've found that this is why my window can't close enough to get the lock to click.

Most of the time now I don't bother trying to get the windows to click into the lock...I've found that the windows are watertight enough. But when I want to, I get a thin screwdriver to carefully work the tucked-in rubber edge back out, and then (still from the outside), I can close the final 1/16" and hear the 'click'. Wish I had a picture of what I'm talking about.

Sorry for no magical answer,
John
TV#1: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8L Touring w/ tow package, WDH) (*retired 2018*)
TV#2: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder (w/ tow package, WDH)
TV#3: 2018 Ford F150 (w/ tow package, WDH)
TexasCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:05 AM   #3
PopBeavers

I have s similar issue with my 2005 TM 2720,

If I go slowly I can not get it to latch.

If I slide it briskly for the last 3 inches or so then I can snap it closed.

I don't know why it behaves so.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

We had this problem with our '11 2720SL before we even picked it up from the dealer. They worked on it and although better it still isn't right. Have the same problem with the two sliding windows on our 2002 Outback. I want the old style awning window back

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Have you seen the new Europen style awning windows? I really like them. They won't work for most of the windows on a traditional TM because they stick out to far when closed for a TM to close over them. I have seen them on other brands of campers though and they are really nice. They are insulated...double pane I think....open wide and have both a built in roller screen and roller shade. So if you have the windows closed you do not even have to have a screen obscuring your view. The campers that I have seen that have them look very tidy inside with no top dressing or fabric trim at the sides of the window. You can also position the screen and shade to have half a screen and half a shade. One rolls down from the top and one rolls up from the bottom.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Default Black Window Slide Problems

Just did a partial inspecting of our new 2720/2011 which has the upgraded black windows. Did the slide test on all of them and found absolutely no problems but I must admit that the mounting scews were not dimpled so I gues that tightening those screws to much during manufacture must distord the window frame and cause the sliding problems. Have not picked up our unit yet due to very cold and inclement weather. Won,t be hauling her back to homebase (400 miles) till spring.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
moaboy

Same situation with my 2009.5 2720.

And warm weather can't come fast enough.

Enjoy!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwantau View Post
Just did a partial inspecting of our new 2720/2011 which has the upgraded black windows. Did the slide test on all of them and found absolutely no problems but I must admit that the mounting scews were not dimpled so I gues that tightening those screws to much during manufacture must distord the window frame and cause the sliding problems.
Our unit was built Dec 2009 (2010 model) and definitely has the distorted frames and a couple of stiff windows. We accepted them but complained, and I fiddled with the worst one a bit with some success.

Good to hear that kwantau's is good. Maybe the complaints were heard.