TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
manorlife
BannedUsers

Default need some idea about wire routing in roof. how to

Time to upgrade the wifi connection. this is what I was thinking to get. http://www.jefatech.com/product/RV-K...t-for-RVs.html The question for me is how to install this unit permanently. the last thing that I want to have to do is set up another item. the TM has enogh to keep me busy and I want to be able to set up quickly. additionally there is a question of where to store the antena and repeater. I called the company and they explained that the best place to install the antenna is at the higherst point on the roof. This point happens to be the winguard cranking antena. The question then becomes how to attach this wifi antenna to the square tube winguard TV antenna. The next issue is once attached how do you route the wireing through the roof to the repeaters end point. for me this would be in the upper cabinets of the 2720 bed area. this would work well for two reasons. one its at a high location for good reception of wifi in the cabin and close enough to the cranking mechanism in the cieling. Only one thing remains to be figured out and that is how to route the wire inside the roof pannel about 2-3 feet to where the cabinets are to connection to the repeater box? has anyone attempted to run a wire in that insulation area in the roof pannel? could this be done by heating up a metal rod and inserting it into the foram insulation therby creating a tunnel to route the wire through...??? I'm afraid of melting something thats hidden in the roof pannel. any suggestions on this? another thing is just route the wire allong the roof in some sort of adhesive wire management channel. although not as nice it would be an easier install than hiding the wire in the roof. thanks for any suggestions you have.

Two other issues

1. anyone know if there would be any interfearance between the TV antenna and the wifi being connected to each other by some sort of bracket?

2. is there a concern about lightning strikes not that the wifi is the highest point on the roof? how do you achive safety if a lightning should strike the antenna? not sure how conductive it is but the wire is somewhat and seems to be made of some metal parts.
Edit/Delete Message
manorlife is offline   Reply With Quote