TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
J_Norris
Site Sponsor

Default Torsion/support bracket pulling floor down

I have a fantastic new-to-me 2003 3124KS with dozens of improvements made by the previous owner.

My one problem is that the bracket that supports the lift arm (the same bracket that supports the torsion bar) is pulling down the floor edge for both of the front supports of the front shell - or at least it’s pulling down the outer wooden frame of the floor, I’m not sure how the floor is constructed.
The effect is really pronounced on the street-side, where you can see the floor curving down as it gets to the edge; you can also see that the torsion/support bracket is rotated because of this pulling down at the edge of the floor (pictures attached). Also along this edge, the wall of the main box of the trailer has pulled away from the floor, leaving visible (from the inside) the screws that previously attached the wall to the floor.
FWIW, it still opens reasonably well, although this problem has caused issues with alignment including making the vinyl flaps stick up a bit on the street side and making the short square aluminum support difficult to get in on the front street side. The pockets at the upper ends of the lift arms appear to be in good condition, unlike what some other folks with shell problems have reported.

I’ve searched and found many other shell-related threads but can’t seem to find threads talking about this issue except a mention by Larryjb of someone having this problem (and a repair solution) here http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...=floor+bracket

And another thread mentioned golfing Debby having a solution for some problem that involved jacking up the floor, but I couldn’t find the thread that was referenced to see if it was the same issue.

I’d appreciate any suggestions for fixes or what to consider. I don’t know of a service center nearby but we do have a great welder who does lots of RV and boat trailer work, and I feel like there must be some way to add support to that bracket.

Thanks!

Jodi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ViewFromFrontLabelled.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	17053   Click image for larger version

Name:	ViewFromFront.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	17052   Click image for larger version