TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
Travler

Talking Lighting

On the outside of our 2720 there are three outside lighting lamps 2 on the left side and one on the right side of the camper about even with the restroom.

My question is. How do you get that light to come on.......on the right side of the camper.....besides the switch...............lol
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #2
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

On my TM, the only way to turn on/off the light outside the bathroom is via the switch on the light.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
Harry Womack

Default Lighting

On my trailer the outside "porch style lights" turn on/off inside of the main door. Also each light has its own switch on the side of the light base. The door switch has to be on before the switches on the side of the lights work.
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
Walter Roach

Red face Outside lights

I like the feature to completely turn on and off the outside lights from inside as we retire for the evening. All we need to do is first turn on the switch inside the door, then turn on the lights at their base. We only use it when we have 'shore power', however. The lights outside will not switch on if the inside switch is off.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
Travler

Thumbs up

That makes sense.....thank you
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
PopBeavers

I alwasy close the TM with the inside switch on and the two curb side lights off at the lights. That way if I need to set up camp in the dark I can turn all three lights on before I open the TM. I don't even need a flashlight to see what I am doing. Sometimes I forget the flashlight.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #7
Doug W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I alwasy close the TM with the inside switch on and the two curb side lights off at the lights. That way if I need to set up camp in the dark I can turn all three lights on before I open the TM. I don't even need a flashlight to see what I am doing. Sometimes I forget the flashlight.
What a neat idea. I will have to remember to try this.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:10 AM   #8
Bill & Lisa

I do the same (use the lights at night to set up) but always leave the curb side lights controlled by the inside switch.

If I need to turn them on to assist in setting up I unlatch the door (while the TM is still closed) and the switch is easily reached to turn the lights on. This also prevents them accidently (or not so accidently) from being turned on while the TM is parked beside the house prior to a trip. (we have an elementry school bus stop on the corner and kids love to flip switches!) I haven't had to pull the fuse from my power tongue jack yet but will if that becomes to great a temptation for the younguns!

Bill
Old 09-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #9
PopBeavers

It never occurred to me that the interior switch was acessable bey just opening the door. I'll be checking that one out.