TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-01-2003, 12:01 PM   #1
grayghost

Default address sign

hi all, i had contacted a local sign maker to make a sign that we could hang on the tm when we are camping (or whatever it's called these days) at the field trials we attend. the woman misunderstood and put a clip art picture of a house trailer. she thought we lived in one and wanted a sign for the front of it.

anyway i was thinking now i might like something made in wood. i was envisioning a silhouette of the tm and in front of it would be signs (like used to be in the show m*a*s*h that would indicate the distance from our home to the various field trial grounds we go to (like say ardmore 714 miles, ionia 532 miles).

of course our names would also be on it.

since i am not very talented in that area, does anyone have an idea how to go about getting something like this made.

thanks

tom and eileen
Old 12-01-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
efelker

Default Re:address sign

Tom & Eileen:

Here is a website that you might try. http://www.fairsigns.com/

Try page 3 of the samples (the last sign). Seems like a TM in the center with names and state are a good combo. Their email address is included so you might ask them how to get a custom sign made. It looks like they can take some sort of clip art or maybe any drawing and do a custom carving for somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 to $70.

Here is a second website I found -- these might be a bit more expensive. http://www.syverstad.com/

Ed
Old 12-01-2003, 05:44 PM   #3
Windbreaker

Don't know for sure what you have in mind but my wife and I have made TM signs for a few folks (none for ourselves yet :-[). What we have done is woodburned on basswood and painted then clear coated. If you don't want anything too fancy we most likely could work something up. If you don't want to talk here email me @
[email protected].
Old 12-05-2003, 11:16 PM   #4
Paul_Heuvelhorst

You can find "sign makers" at most local fairs and boutiques that invite local craftspeople who work with wood.

We bought ours in Coeur d'Alene, ID a couple years ago for $15. It is finished, approx. 5"H x 16"W with our last name and a couple of pine tree graphics "routered" into the wood, then the name and trees painted and clear finish over the entire piece. We hang it on the front of our trailer with some brass chain furnished by the vendor.

This is seasonal type of work, the craftspeople taking advantage of the fair season and vacation routes. Keep your eyes open as you travel.