TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
luckylindyhopper

Default Water system and membership

Hey guys. You are always such a help so here I am with a couple of questions.

The first being we pulled our TM out of storage and decided to flush the water lines. My husband did everything by the book but we have no water coming out of any faucet. The water pump is running but no water anywhere. What are we doing wrong? Suggestions?

Also, I paid for a subscription back in December but I don't think my account here has been updated to reflect that. Who do I talk to in order to get a full membership? I have my receipt from PayPal showing that I paid the fee.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
MisterP

Membership part is easy. Send a PM to Chris our admin. You will find his name in the site notices section.

The water question is not as easy. First, if you open all the drain valves on the bottom of the trailer is any water coming out? My suspicion is a blockage in a line. If you have an air compressor consider putting 20-30 psi of air on the system and open water valves one at a time. Remove all the aerators on faucets first. Might help locate a blocked line. If you haven't drained your hot water heater do that too. Sediment will build up.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
luckylindyhopper

Checked the drains and sure enough no water. Breaking out the compressor now.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylindyhopper View Post
. . . The water pump is running but no water anywhere. . . .
Thanks!
The on board water pump will pump water from the fresh water tank. Did you put water in the fresh water tank before turning on the water pump? Also keep in mind the water pump will start filling the water heater (about 6 gallons) before sending water to the taps. The pump should be self-priming but it may take a few seconds for water is sent through the system.

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
luckylindyhopper

Water is in tank. Had the pump on for a few minutes and no water.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:36 PM   #6
MisterP

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylindyhopper View Post
Water is in tank. Had the pump on for a few minutes and no water.
That makes me more suspicious you have debris in the tank and it has plugged the pump inlet. Not sure air would clear that, you may need to pull the pump.

Also search threads for installing a clean out port on your fresh water tank. There is a preferred brand that won't leak if installed correctly.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #7
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

There are two ways to pressurize the TM water system.

Water in the tank with the pump running is one way.

A pressurized garden hose attached to the external supply port is the second way.

The second way will bypass the pump/tank and any problems that may be there. Pressurizing the system with a garden hose will supply water to both the water heater and the cold water lines without the pump running or without water in the tank. Once pressurized, water will flow out any open drain or faucet and out the water heater overpressure valve(if opened).

Lines or fittings that may have frozen with water in them may be broken and leaking into the area under the bath tub (from the external shower if you have one)

Perhaps...even though it is above freezing in CS now...there is still ice blocking the supply line from the pump or hose connection.

Just some thoughts,

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:11 PM   #8
luckylindyhopper

So tried blowing out the lines and that did not work. We did hook up to a water hose to see if we could get water that way and we had success there.

My husband took a look at the water pump and he seems to think that there's something going on with it. Water doesn't seem to be reaching it.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:41 PM   #9
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

My water pump lost the "prime". Will at the Car Show had the great idea of filling the tank, and I sat on the floor and pushed on the tank with my feet. That allowed enough pressure to move the water to the pump and voila...pump started to work right away.
I thought I was going to have to replace water pump. Sure was nice to have the "easy" button work!
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:14 PM   #10
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

If water had ever been in the water pump when the trailer was in freezing temps (and the furnace wasn't heating the interior), there's a chance the pump diaphragm might be torn, rendering the pump useless. The pump motor still runs as normal. Happened to me. Fix is to replace the diaphragm, a $20 part, and an easy repair if you have easy access to the pump.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote