TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
wboudx

Default Lower door jamb problems

We went on our first outing, (shake down) Tuesday and Wednesday. I had a couple of problems and could not find answers on forum.

1. I leveled front to back and side to side. When I opened the TM, the lower door jamb was hitting the upper door jamb. I had to twist TM by raising back right stabilizer so the lower door jamb would clear the upper door jamb. I since leveled the TM on tongue jack front to back and level side to side before any stabilizers were lowered. The door jamb worked ok this way. It only had the problem when it was on all four stabilzers and no tongue jack.

2. The lower door jamb has a small block of wood painted white that stops the door jamb from going in far enough to get the door inside for closing TM. I have attached 6 pictures to help explain. #1 is the white block. #2 is a picture looking down on the lower door jamb and lower door at the point of trying to get the door inside. #3 is another view of the same. #4 shows after moving the door jamb far enough for door to clear. At this point the block is knocked off. #5 is a brace in front of the door that keeps the door from moving any more forward. #6 is the result.

I have a new 3326 King. Any ideas???

Thanks

Walt