TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
T and C
TrailManor Master

Default hanging things up

Folks,

The TM does not seem to come equipped to hang much of anything up. Wet towels, shirts and sweaters, clothes you took off to put your PJ's on, jackets, hats and whatever else.

I am sure a bunch of folks as inventive as the members of this board are have already come up with many solutions. I would like to hear what you have done about this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default plastic totes

We use plastic totes stored in the TV with our names on the lid so we don't get confused. Wet stuff is hung outside and hope it doesn't rain.
A laundry bag in the shower/tub for dirty clothes.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Smile Hangaway Rack

See
http://frugalliving.about.com/gi/o.h...le-Drying-Rack

We use this rack to dry our beach towels and other items. It is sturdy and folds for storage under the couch.
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

We use "Over-door hangers". We have them hooked over both directions on the bathroom wall. We also use one on the bed side of the wardrobe cabinet.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...er+door+hanger
Old 12-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
We use "Over-door hangers". We have them hooked over both directions on the bathroom wall. We also use one on the bed side of the wardrobe cabinet.
We have these kind of hooks everywhere. Outside the bathroom, inside the bathroom, behind the bathroom, on the kitchen side of the bathroom, all kinds. Multiple hooks, single hooks, we have them all.

For our wet towels, I strung really thick fishing line between the ceiling and the shower curtain rail around each screw that holds it in, and we hang our wet towels on the fishing line (in the bathroom). We can hang a lot of towels in there using this system.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Default Hanger for wet towels that we use

I purchased this from Bed, Bath and Beyond on sale for about $15. The towel bars are adjustable and can be moved anywhere up and down the cord. It folds up so small and we like it because the towels are spread out and able to dry pretty quick. It also keeps them away from the wall so they dry even quicker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4798.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	5447  
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #7
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpmd1 View Post
I purchased this from Bed, Bath and Beyond on sale for about $15. The towel bars are adjustable and can be moved anywhere up and down the cord. It folds up so small and we like it because the towels are spread out and able to dry pretty quick. It also keeps them away from the wall so they dry even quicker.
I never saw those. I'll be looking for them. It would be nice to hang two of them outdoors.

We have five adults. My wife and I keep our clothing in the TM. Our adult children take care of their own stuff. They sleep in tents.

We take towels for all of us. We keep them in a duffel bag and remove as necessary.

We keep a collapsible "barrel" in the tub with a net style laundry bag in it for dirty clothes. It can easily be moved to take a shower and then put back.

If the kids are with us we are only camped for 3 or 4 day.s If it is a week long vacation then it just the two of us.

Once a year we are the anchor for a cousin reunion. About 20 adults. Hanging towels to dry becomes more difficult. We have a collapsible clothes drying rack that we bought specifically for that trip.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
M&M Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
Let me echo Wayne's suggestions. We use two similar to items 5 and 7 on the link he posted and they work great. Although plastic versions are available, I prefer the metal ones because you can bend the door hanger portion of it to more closely match the thickness of the bathroom walls. I also added felt feet on all of the places it touches the wall to cut down on damage.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #9
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default Drying towels

I use a 4 foot bungy outside the TM, I hook it to the bolts under the bed. It works great for drying clother and towels.
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
knoxjere

Default Shelving units

This was posted by The Pair, I believe on 6-24-10.

Meijer Online (meijer.com). Search for "neu home over-the-door" and you'll see there's a 1-shelf and a 2-shelf model (as well as some other things you might like!)

I chose the 2 shelves for flexibility, I figure I can always fold an unused shelf against the wall, but having a choice for height made sense. Very light weight, but feels well made and sturdy (aluminum).

Meijer happened to have the best price at the time, and there was a coupon for free shipping

We ordered two two shelf units from Meijer's. Haven't camped since then, but will be going to FL in January. I plan to hang one over the bathroom/kitchen wall for food items and one over the bed/bath wall for various items. I agree with The Pair, they feel well made and sturdy and were reasonably priced.

Thanks, "The Pair" for your suggestion!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6/w/tow package
Prodigy 2 brake controller
Eaz-Lift 1000 lb WDH
After market heavy duty cooling fan
After Market heavy duty transmission cooler
McKesh Mirrors
knoxjere is offline   Reply With Quote