TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
truesdac

Default Replacement Chair for 2720SL?

I am looking at a used model that is missing the easy chair normally included in the 2720SL. Are these available and at what price? Is there a good substitute for the one provided by trailmanor?

Thanks,
Charlie
truesdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesdac
I am looking at a used model that is missing the easy chair normally included in the 2720SL. Are these available and at what price? Is there a good substitute for the one provided by trailmanor?

Thanks,
Charlie
Probably available as a replacement from the factory and orderable through the dealer...though the fabric does change from time to time so you may/may not be able to get a desired color. If you are near a dealer, you might be able to avoid shipping charges (which would be substantial on this size object) by arranging through the dealer for an extra replacement chair to be stuffed into one of the dealer's next incoming new trailers...when the new trailer arrives, the dealer pulls out the extra chair and sells it to you.

As a 2720SL owner, IMHO this chair is not all that impressive. On the plus side, it does have rollers in the front which make it easy to move around the trailer before close-up and after open-up. It also has a decent sized (~2 cu ft) storage cubby under the seat and fairly lightweight construction so it doesn't increase your trailer's weight too much. OTOH, comfort is only so-so, it takes up an awful lot of room, and I often have wished its back angle could be adjusted and some form of footrest was available. IOW, a suitably sized recliner would be a lot nicer...but most (if not all) recliners are just too tall to fit under the top shells when the trailer is closed.

My recommendation is you buy the trailer and after you figure out exactly how you will use the trailer and how much space you will give up for this type of chair, then go out and find a good chair at a furniture store that is short enough to fit under the closed shells. Another source is Camping World...they do sell an RV type recliner that might be compressable enough to fit under the shells.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:12 AM   #3
Cateye
Cateye

Default Missing Chair

I have the chair you are looking for...send me an e-mail...Cateye
2003 2720SL
1999 Grand Cherokee, 4.7L V8
Quadradrive
Factory Towing Pkg.
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
Earlbra

[email protected] regarding a new chair.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
Scott O

I agree that the standard chair is less than impressive. I would check elsewhere, like Lazy Boy or some such for something more comfortable.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Earl -

The request is 7 years old ...

Having said that, it is good to remember that the standard chair has two things going for it. It is lightweight. And the height of the back is compatible with the needs of a folded TM. If anyone goes looking for a LAZYBOY or some such, be sure to consider both.

Oh, my wife reminds me - the storage space in the bottom of the standard chair is perfect for some of her lightweight but bulky craft stuff, knitting, etc.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

I have used a small LazyBoy in all of my TMs. It rides in front of the fridge facing the rear and with the back partially reclined. I usually put the microwave shelf on the recliner while traveling.
Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote