TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
Randalyn

Default Travasak, sleeping bag or regular bedding?

We are newbies in California. We leave this weekend for Texas to pick up our 2004 3124KS and aren't sure what bedding will be the easiest for the king size bed. We were told the Travasak is good. Any suggestions on bedding or anything else we should think about?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
BrigCA61

Regular bedding from home works well too... just remember to not keep anything too thick on the bed when you fold it up for towing as it will not allow the shell to close. We have regular sheets and a light comforter on at all times as well as a 2 1/2 inch memory foam pad. We remove the pillows before closing the TM. Hope that helps. Oh, Travasaks are good too but they were a bit pricey for me at this time.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
Senorsedona

Talking Yeh Travsac

I vote for the travsac. easy to make the bed, she can't steal all the blankets and nice and toasty. Anything will work. As said, spend the money later.

Also I would suggest, sleep front to back. Not side to side, this way someone does not have climb over the other in the middle of the night.

Have fun, you'll love it.

Jack
Old 02-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
Freedom

We use Travasaks, but for years we used regular sleeping bags - both serve the purpose - it's just easier to wash the sheets on a Travasak than to take the sleeping bags to the commercial washers at a laundromat. Also, when it's time to wash the entire Travasak, the thing zips apart, so each half will then fit in our washer. As was suggested, for now, use things from home and decide later what you want for a permanent solution. Travasaks are spendy. We got ours from https://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/newstore/nojava/index.cfm - it was the cheapest place we could find. It also happens to be about 1.5 miles from an exit we drive by when we go to our daughter's house in Jefferson, Oregon. Good luck with whatever you do. https://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/newsto...8&cat=travasak
Old 02-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Our favorite sleeping cover (in the winter) is our king-sized down comforter (from our bed at home) in a duvet cover. It covers the bed more than completely, and keeps us really warm. All you need is a sheet under it. We just put it on the floor when we travel.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:04 AM   #6
Queeniereads

We always have sleeping bags in the storage area under the bed for unexpected cold nights. Otherwise, in the summer months, we have a set of King sheets and a lightweight blanket. We have a 1 and a half inch memory foam and a pillowtop mattress pad. THe king sized sheet and those stay on the bed, but it takes 2 of us to close and latch. We use the pillows up front to cushion the TV (that's television, not tow vehicle) and microwave when traveling. Now you've got me wishin' for a late spring weekend when we can set out for a weekend. Right now all we can see is a huge cover in our back driveway. Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 02-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #7
Grouse

Default Bedding

If you are a cold sleeper, then I highly recommend sleeping bags. However, I'm not and find them much too warm to suit me. I prefer sheets/blankets. Not a TM owner (yet?) but a memory foam topper on any mattress is a delightful way to sleep. No experience with the travelsak, but after looking at the web link they appear to be a lightweight sleeping bag.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #8
Randalyn

Thanks everyone.....I love the forum and everyone is so helpful. We just got back from Campingworldwith our new Travasak. One side is for winter the other for summer and the attached sheets come out to be washed. I will let you know how we like it. Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #9
wwjam

Default Congratulations on your purchase!

We are still new at camping and owning a TM, and have only been camping once. We've had fun buying different things for our TM. It's a " cinch by the inch" instead of buying every thing at once. This helps us to not over buy, and gives us time to think about what we might need next. We also bought the TravaSak and really like it. It's so convenient, and so easy to store. We simply fold it all up and put it in one of those seal bags that you can vacuum all the air out. Today we decided to buy a memory foam mattress topper. Looking forward to trying that out. Actually, mostly looking forward to camping again.

Jo Ann
Old 02-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #10
PopBeavers

We like our travasak, but a pair of sleeping bags that zip together would work as well. The advantage of the travasak is that it has sheets that can be removed for washing.

I'd stick with either regular bedding or a pair of matching sleeping bags if you already have them and consider the travasak later.