TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-26-2003, 03:17 PM   #1
ventrman

Default Discounts on fuel etc.

Hi, This is to let y'all know that flying J offers an RV discount card. It gives you a 1 cent discout on fuel. They also sell propane. After you buy so much propane, I think it is $51.00 worth, they increase your fuel discount to 1 1/2 cents. In this day of high fuel prices every discount helps. In my experience Flying J's fuel prices are usually about the least expensive in a given area. You can apply for your RV card free of charge by visiting their website at www.flyingj,com. You can also click on a link that gives you current fuel prices all across the USA and I believe also in Canada. I hope that helps some of you.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:01 PM   #2
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Discounts on fuel etc.

Shell is offering a 5% rebate with every purchase of gasoline with their Citi Bank MasterCard. There is also a 10% rebate for gas purchased between now and the end of the year with new card applications. www.877myshell.com or 1-877-MY-SHELL
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 07:00 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

[quote author=Mike Laupp link=board=18;threadid=1482;start=msg10438#msg1043 8 date=1067220117]
Shell is offering a 5% rebate with every purchase of gasoline with their Citi Bank MasterCard. There is also a 10% rebate for gas purchased between now and the end of the year with new card applications. [/quote]Now that's a discount I can get into! Does the gas have to be purchased at a Shell station, or can I buy at any station of my choice? Around here anyway, Shell tends to be a little more expensive, which would wipe out some of the savings.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 07:53 AM   #4
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

[quote author=Bill link=board=18;threadid=1482;start=msg10442#msg1044 2 date=1067263201]
Does the gas have to be purchased at a Shell station, or can I buy at any station of my choice?[/quote]
The 5% rebate is for gas purchased at Shell and Texaco only. Texaco stations are being converted to Shell stations since the buyout. There is also a 1% credit that is to be applied to gasoline purchases from all other charges to the card. So I guess the answer is: Yes, the credit applies to all gas purchased with the card. It will only be a 1% rebate for gas purchased from a station other than Shell or Texaco. The credit/rebate from the current month is applied to gas purchased in the following month.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 06:03 PM   #5
efelker

By the way, Shell & BP are the only two oil giants working environmental issues VOLUNTARILY, without governmental coercion. All I buy is Shell these days as a way of saying thanks to them for execising corporate responsibility -- a rare commodity these days (Tyco, Enron, etc.)

Ed