TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
chopslot

Default Bummed to be winterizing

Over the summer we purchased a 2005 3124 kb after researching, following prices, and recieving feedback from some of you from an earlier post. I have gained a lot of information from this site, and recently joined as a sponsor (though honestly, I don't understand the fee, as this is the only forum i follow where a fee has ever been applied). We have taken the TM out now three times (we live in Utah) and have loved our experiences. The first trip was was to Palisades Idaho, followed by a local jaunt here in northern Utah (15 minutes from our front door), and then a couple of weeks ago to Escalante Utah. We have dry camped each time (only a few miles from paved road). An RV park would have to be really amazing for our family to want to stay there (most I see are cramped, and unremarkable vs.amazing vistas, and privacy) I am the most mechanically uninclined person i know, yet with the help of a friend I installed a stereo, I then patched a couple small splits in the linoleum floor, and more significantly repaired the table. I really dig the whole spirit of the TM in terms of design, and value. Due to purchasing this later in the summer we haven't had nearly the time/travel we would have liked before winterizing...I am doing this now...already conjuring images of good times in the Spring.
By the way in terms of winterizing...I have put nearly 6 gal. of RV anti-freeze in the tank and I still am not getting any to come out the hot water faucet in the bathroom (likely due to insufficient amount still in the hot water heater?) is this normal?
Next year I will get an aircompressor and blow out the lines or a by-pass for the wather heater.
Take care
Old 10-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Bluegrass

The fees keep us from having to have advertising on the forum to cover the costs.

I can't help with the winterizing since we are able to keep our TM in the garage but I'm sure someone will chime in.

BTW, We're also in Utah and camp up in American Fork canyon a lot.

Keith
Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
RogerR

Use the search button to find a whole bunch of winterizing tips. As to RV antifreeze I think the best use is to put a little into the tank and then run it through the pump. Make sure all lines are empty using the bottom taps. remove the outside faucet and sprayer and the shower head. The rest of the pipes and be empty. I also put a little in the toilet, sinks and shower to make sure all water is flushed out.

Happy camping!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
chopslot

Thanks for your responses.
Yeah, I have drained things already and removed both shower heads, then ran the pump for 30 seconds...after doing that I poured 6 gal into the freshwater tank and pressurized the line...i'm able to get the red anti-freeze through both the hot and cold lines of the kitchen sink, but only the cold line in the bathroom sink, when i open the hot water faucet slowly, i hear bubbling originating from the waterheater.
One of these years we will have to go up AF canyon, we hear it's beautiful.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopslot View Post
Next year I will get an aircompressor and blow out the lines or a by-pass for the wather heater.
Take care

If you have a bicycle pump already, then that is all you need. I have an air compressor, but still use the bicycle pump because the air coming out of my compressor has an oily residue......plus I need the exercise.

You will need a blow-out plug similar to: http://www.campingworld.com/search/i...tpc=1&x=25&y=7