TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2001, 12:25 AM   #1

Default OUR NEW BABY IS HOME AT LAST!

This past Wednesday I went to Super 1, our RV dealer in Conyers Ga for the installation of our Class III load equalizing hitch with sway control.  Thursday morning I had over  2 hours of walk-through on the 3023 and then happily towed it away, returning home through the countryside by Blue Highways until about 40 miles from home when I hit a local leg of I-85 N.  By that time I was more comfortable with the towing process and kicked the speed up to 65 for awhile.  Not one inch of sway, and as many of you have remarked, the TM tracks beautifully.   And my Aerostar 5.00 litre van handled it well, even up some fairly steep hills.

Altogether my rig is about 40 feet long and that is a factor to be reckoned with for someone towing alone as I will be in two more days on the camping trip to SE Michigan from our NE GA mountains.  I dont look forward to sharing the outside lanes of I-75 north with the 18 wheelers but know it cant be helped and feel the car and the TM are well-prepared and equipped.

On my return trip in 2 weeks, I hope to stop at the factory to have the lifts installed which were discussed  in my earlier thread.  I have been reading this site now for about a year and have learned more priceless information than even a MasterCard ad could imagine.  Thanks, Chris, Paul, and all the rest for sharing your thoughts/experiences/advice about this fine TT so generously.  HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THIS SITE, WE WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED A TM!