TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Our trip to the Trailmanor Factory

I had to work on Saturday until about 4 pm. We were hitched and ready to go when I go home from work. Got up about 6 am and headed out shortly afterwards.

We camped in Careyville, Tn. at the Cove Lake State Park which is right next door to Jacksboro, where the factory is located. This is a beautiful campground...and my kind of campgound. I like gravel sites instead of concrete. It was not over crowded in fact only 4 or 5 campers were there.

Word of caution...our GPS and google both gave us wrong directions to the factory. Luckily we decided to find it while still daylight on the day we arrived. So when we went out to dinner we followed the GPS to what we thought was the factory. Turns out there are two McGee Lanes in Jacksboro. The first one was to a dead in cul-de-sac and if we had been towing our camper we would probably still be there. LOL.

We then got directions from a variety of people and happily located the factory.

At the factory I saw two TM's in the parking lot. One was open but I did not go in. Both of the units were the 3124 KS model. They looked so... sparking NEW!

What I liked on the outside of those new 3124s...the gas tanks stand up on the tongue! The battery box/boxes were on the tongue...that right there was enough to get me in trouble. (I am so jealous...and no my TM can not be adapted...I asked.)

I liked the new Jack antenna. I had seen these antennas on RV's but this was the first time I noticed one on a TM. I liked the graphics a lot more in person then I had in photos. The rear bumper was a new color...sort of gray/black instead of the cream color of mine. I LOVE the dark windows and the black window trim. The tint on these windows is a lot darker then our window tint.

We enjoyed meeting Ed and our service tech R.L. Ed is.... well just as NICE as everyone says. Everyone was very courteous, helpful and knowledgeable. R.L. did a FANTASTIC job on our camper. We feel that the money spent for the Tuneup was worth every penny. We can see a huge difference in both ease of set up and the camper coming together exactly as it should. Our TM door opens and closes absolutely perfectly now!

While we waited we drove over to Cumberland Gap and from the Pinnacle you can see where Tennessee, Kentucky and Virginia meet.

We returned to the factory around 2:30 and our camper was done and ready to go.

We did pay a little extra for them to look at and correct the wiring for the television and I also got a few parts. TV works great now...unfortunately while in the campground all we could pick up was:

I Dream of Jeanie
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bewitched
The Bob Newhart Show... OMG!

I am so young I never recognized any of the shows....but my husband said they were from the late 60's. Yeah...I think we are gonna do the mod for the new Jack antenna.

We also spent time with Shadow the owner's black lab. Such a sweetie!!!

I took a lot of photos on my phone and if I can figure how to do it I will post them.

I had to be back at work today. If not I would still be at Cove Lake.

BTW...we had dinner on Monday night at Rickard's Ridge Barbaque and it was delicious and we got a nice surprise. Monday nights they have a free, live (VERY good) blue grass band and it was wonderful!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote