TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2003, 10:06 AM   #1
Chris_Bauer

Default TM Model/Tow Vehicle List

On the old TM discussion page, there was a list by owner of the Trailmanor model they owned and their tow vehicle.  Wouldn't that be a great listing for people who are just starting out and wondering what the most common combinations are?  I for one am thinking about upgrading would like that info to see if I should upgrade my TV.

I know that it shows as part of your profile, but getting info by model is not possible.  It could even be an anonymous listing to avoid any problems with names, etc.

What do you think?

Chris
Old 02-24-2003, 12:36 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re: TM Model/Tow Vehicle List

Chris,

That sounds like a great idea to see what people are using as tow vehicles for the different Trailmanor models. You might want to set up a response pagel like an Excel spread sheet.

NAME:              TM YEAR & MODEL:   TOW VEHICLE:

It's too bad that each person cannot use the same response screen, but at least we would have a continuous list if people follow the setup and do not add any other responses. At least it's a start.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 01:06 PM   #3
Sinclue
Site Sponsor

I agree that it would be useful information.  Perhaps set it up as a separate category on the Home page instead of in the General Discussion topics.  Then people could put their combinations in the subject line and all you'd have to do is scroll through them without having to open each one.  Say like: 2720SL/1998 GMC Safari (my combo). As the trailer weights are pretty close for the same model year to year you could scroll through looking for the trailer/tv combo you are interested in more quickly.  People might want to include engine size if there was a choice (not in mine).

Alternatively, I might be willing to set up a seperate email address for this project where people could send their information and I could cut and paste it into a roughly weekly posting.  I'm not into Excel or any of that.  I'm a simple Mac person, but I could take the emails and put them into a single list without anybody's name or email address. (Also, names/addresses would not be used in any way by me.)  My thinking is something like model in the subject line only.  Then in the message area:

TM Year/Model                   Tow Vehicle/engine/hp

That way I can easily cut and paste the information into a document categorized by TM model.

Or?

Jim
Sinclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:12 AM   #4
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

If you would like I could put the list on my webpage and then post a link to it from here.

I also have a seperate trailmanor email address,  [email protected] As Jim stated, it would be easy to copy the info from the email to the webpage document. I would also be willing to collect the information.

Instead of a individual's name, we could use the username that people use here and I could link to the user's profile.
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:09 AM   #5
2619PDX

How about this? Send an email or instant message out to all members of the site explaining what we are doing. Have them send their reponse out to a single person who will then record all of the information for a single post on the web site. We could collect the data for oh, say 60 days... then post it.

Someone could maintain that list every six months or so.

i know I put my combo in my signature line, like a lot of us.

Just a thought.

Gregg
Old 05-09-2003, 12:45 AM   #6
Chris_Bauer

I thought I'd drag this post back up again.  I am willing to create a list of  tow vehicle and TM model.  I think this is important info for first-buyers as well as those who wish to move to a different model.

Send your information (if you wish) to my new email address.  After I have received a substancial amount I will post the list or make it available.  I hope to have a webpage soon.

Chris
[email protected]
Old 05-09-2003, 02:57 AM   #7
BobWilson
Site Sponsor

Just a word of caution here.  I feel that any list might be misleading.  There are many factors to consider.  Some will want to load up their TM's more than others.  Some will only need to drive on flat land.  Some will want to drive in the mountains and rough roads.  Some will have towing packages and some won't.  Some will have better hitches.  Some will say they are using a small tow vehicle but not realize the strain they are putting on their vehicle and find they will wear out the transmission or engine faster.

All that to say, a person needs a knowledgeable dealer or expert to advise them for their particular useage if they don't already have experience with towing.
BobWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 05:33 AM   #8
2619PDX

I've just emailed my info off to Chris. Chris. thanks for taking this one on. It's a BIG undertaking.

I do see Bob Wilson's point. If you are so inclined, please also include how much your trailer weighs loaded, any mod's you've made to your tow vehicle and what kind of hitch set up you use.

This way, we can develop a better picture for new buyers or folks with questions.

It should be an interesting list.

Thanks again to Chris!

Gregg
Old 05-09-2003, 06:40 AM   #9
arknoah

Wasn't there a whole document on the TM corporate website about tow vehicles recently?
Old 05-09-2003, 03:24 PM   #10
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Ellen,

Yes you are right about the section on the Trailmanor website. It was under towing, and it had a tow rating section from the Trailer Life magazine. Each year, Trailer Life publishes a new towing guide.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote