TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2003, 06:02 AM   #1
OrangeKid

Default Checked out Trailmanor 2619

We and our neighbors visited Custon RV in Anaheim to check out the TrailManors yesterday.  We left Vegas at 6:00 AM and returned at 9:00 PM. It was a 550 mile round trip. They had the 2619, 2720, and 2720SD and a a few others on the lot.  All were accounted for.  They said it would take around 5 weeks to get one delivered as ordered.

We are very interested in the 2619 with essentilly all the options.  Matt told us if we both ordered Trailmanors we can get 15% off the total price with options of each trailer. Is that a good discount? They will also deliver the TrailManors to Vegas for free.

They now have a very nice mounting for the spare under the trailer.  The 2004s will be out in late July, and we are wondering if there may be any major improvements next year.  Matt did not think so.

As others have reported Matt was very helpful without being pushy.  We spent close to 4 hours checking the TrailManors out and we were very impressed.

We will probably order this summer or early fall.  Alice and I are planning to retire late this year.

Steve and Alice
Old 05-11-2003, 07:51 AM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re: Checked out Trailmanor 2619

How many of you will there be most of the time? If it's just the two of you, the front bed in the 2619 may often just be a place to toss stuff while you're camping.

For two people, I'd personally suggest either of the 2720 slide models. I often travel by myself or with just one other person and find that my 2720SL with the front "living room" layout is ideal...it gives the trailer noticeably more floorspace and the homier feeling of a larger travel trailer...and less the feeling of being a camper. And with the couch (2720SL) or dinette (2720SD) folded, there's still the ability to provide a bed for the occasional guest(s).

As for the discount, that sounds pretty good to me...I ordered my TM at an RV show and IIRC, my "show special" pricing was around a 15% discount.
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 09:00 AM   #3
OrangeKid

We would have to store the Trailmanor off the street because of covenants and the lesser length will be very useful for us in our particular garage setup.  The 2720SD and the 2720 we looked at did not seem to offer more useful space than the 2619.  We like having the second bed for storage while we are camping.  It will almost always be the two of us. I was worried about the 48" wide bed but after trying it is will no pose a problem for us.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:47 AM   #4
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Did you look into the swing-away hitch option? It basically shortens the trailer by about 2 feet by allowing the front half of the hitch to pivot to the side when the TM is supported by the front leveling jacks.

I also store my TM in my garage and the swing away hitch lets my put my 2720 into a 19'6" garage with about a foot to spare.
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 12:47 PM   #5
OrangeKid

Yes we would certainly order the hitch that swings away.  Its a great idea.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:24 PM   #6
grkman1

Hi Steve and Alice

We have a 2003 2619 TM and absolutely love it.  My wife and I recently came back from a trip to Boston in March and it was great.  We have also been out west to Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and everywhere in between.  We fine the 2619 for 2 people to be perfect.  More then enough storage, and very comfortable.

Any questions?  Please feel free to email me

George
[email protected]
Old 05-11-2003, 03:44 PM   #7
hal

Orange Kid,

The primary differences between the 2619 and the 2720 is that the 2619 is one foot shorter.  The 2720 utilizes this extra foot by having a storage area at the rear end of the trailer.  This storage area is one foot deep and runs the width of the trailer.  One half of this area is accessible from inside the trailer and the other side is accessible through a door which is located on the rear outside of the trailer.  This storage is handy for things such as your water hose and other maintenence accessories of the trailer.  The inside storage is divided horizontally by a shelf which is great for clothes, and other items.

There can't be very much difference in weight.

Also, because the 2619 is a foot shorter, its beds are each about a half foot narrower.  Otherwise both trailers are supposedly very much similar.

The shorter trailer would  fit into shorter space in a garage.  Of course the depth of your garage would determine which size would fit best.

Hal
Old 05-11-2003, 04:06 PM   #8
OrangeKid

We have thought seriously about the 2720 but we need to be able to get around the trailer easily to reach the garbage cans and recycle bins.  The 2720 would be 18'3"  with the hitch folded leaving a little over a foot to get around the trailer.  The 2619 gives an extra foot which I think will make living with it in the garage a lot easier.

The 48" width of the bed worried us but after trying it is fine.  There are a few inches to spare beyond the mattress on the outside making it feel roomier. We are almost certainly going to get the 2619.  We have spent our whole life camping in tents (we own five tents).  The TrailManor will feel like the lap of luxury to us.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:57 PM   #9
tipper

Quick correction on Hal's bed comments:

The 2720 back bed is a queen measuring 60 x78 (utilizes the space above the storage Hal referred to).  The front bed is a double measuring 48 x 78 .

In the 2619 both beds are "doubles".
Old 05-12-2003, 04:42 AM   #10
2619PDX

Orange kid:
We've got a 2001 model 2619 and love it. there are 3 of us - one 1 6 year old.

We all forget that when deployed, the 2619 IS a 26 foot travel trailer. We have found this size to be adequate. Although you do get creative with storage...

I'm adding solar panels and 2 additional batteries to mine!

Last year we went down to Arizona, and are going again this year with NO problems. It's comfortable AND weather tight.

Enjoy!

Gregg Woods - Portland, OR