TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #11
larsdennert

I didn't see your post Popbeavers...

North of LA is good too. I can think of plenty of adventurous places in the Mojave desert area too. No hookups, no campgrounds, no paved roads for that matter but interesting spots.

Slot canyons that actually go underground or even Mitchell caverns.

Also more green spots like near Santa Barbara. We just went to Lake Casitas over T-day. I'll post a pic later. Saw one other TM there. Lake Cachuma, San Luis Obispo, Montano De Oro corridor is nice. Or east to Kings Canyon, Sequoia is on our list to take the kids.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #12
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Here's my 2 cents worth. Someone just needs to pick a place and a time and plan it. Those that want to come....come. Those that can't make it.....make it to the next one.

I belong to a camping club (SCCAMPERS) and we do that all the time. We have at least one camp-out a month. Some make it to one a year and some make it to every camp-out.

If you try to find a consensus, you will find it very difficult. We have a saying, "You plan it......they will come".

Here's one for ya........SCCAMPERS are camping at Point Mugu, Thornhill Broome CG on Father's Day Weekend (June 18-21 2009):
http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...72&search=site

Anyone that would like to join us is welcome. I just checked and there are 36 sites available.

Pt Mugu is right on the beach in Southern Ventura County and we camp there often ($15 per night). It's dry camping (Water and chemical toilets available) There are no assigned sites so it's 1st come, 1st served. There are a lot of us that show up on Wed & Thurs and try to save sites.

So......here's a camp-out that TM Campers will be welcome. We all started out as a Pop-Up camper club. Some have moved on to different rigs but we all still camp together. A lot of real nice families and lots of kids.

If anyone would like more info, feel free to PM me.

If someone else wants to have a rally elsewhere, you can probably count us in....unless we're already camping that weekend.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #13
larsdennert

You are so right. I help run two other clubs and it's the same. I'll confer with the DW and see if we come up with something.

Here's a pick of our Lake Casitas weekend.

Haha no one will ever find this discussion in a "generator for sale" thread. I'll post a proper one for the trip.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:37 AM   #14
jasongold

Smile Temecula Rally

Hey Jerry,

I live in the Temecula area (Canyon Lake), and would love to get together for a rally. My wife and I just bought a 2007 TM 2720 - would love to talk shop with other TM owners.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Jason -

If you're the kind of guy who likes to "talk shop", the first thing you should do is become a Sponsor on the board, so you can see and participate in all the technical forums.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #16
larsdennert

I am currently weighing where, and more importantly when, to organize a rally. Between work, family and two other clubs I have to plan out a ways. Some other RV/SCUBA friends have a hidden place near Lee Vining (Mono Lake) that's good too. Can't do that in the winter though. We talked about Anza Borrego in the spring, early March, but looks like that will be a tent trip in the mountains for us according to DW. With all the rain there will be tons of flowers I think.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:50 AM   #17
Beak12

Default Anza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Anza Borrego is a great place too. I haven't been there in several years, and would love to go back. But if there is a consensus that hookups are a must, both Anza Borrego and Joshua Tree are out.

Dave

We have camped at the Anza Borrego State park. And there a full hookups. Now how you get a group into a State Park I don' know. I know I have made reservations for 3 familys. But a group of 20+ is a guess.
http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=638 You make Rerservation Via Reserve America.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
larsdennert

The wife and I discussed where we might like to go. Our plan is to visit Campland on the Bay in San Diego April 17-19. It's after taxes so I won't be as hectic.

http://www.campland.com/

We have never been. Well not entirely true, I used to live in San Diego and sail on Mission Bay. I'm sorry that this is not central in any way but if people would like to join, I can make a more organized plan.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #19
Scott O

Good ideas abound here...we are interested depending on the timing. Hookups are a must for us. Someplace between LA and San Diego would be good if it was a SoCal group; of course anyone would be welcome. There is quite a bit in the Temecula area, Vail Lakes, Skinner, Tucalota, and others. Quite a bit of wine here also!!! We will follow this thread with interest.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #20
larsdennert

Default We're going...

I called campland and they are still pretty open for the dates April 17-19. From the google earth aerial it appears that sections A-F have lots of trees which I like. The section closer to the beach just looks like a parking lot to me. Prices are in the $40-50/night depending on water/elec or full hookups.

We have a couple of ways to do this. I will be making a reservation by, say, next Friday 1/30/09. I can reserve a group of sites depending on who raises their hand. Each person would call in and pay they're reservation within seven days after that or the reservation would be lost. After that people could call in and reserve their own site and ask for the area we booked. We could all just reserve our own and request an area too.

If someone has camped here, please chime in on your thoughts too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camplandmap.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	3276   Click image for larger version

Name:	camplandaerial.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	3277