TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #21
Scott O

We were there for a week last August and have reservations for another week this August. Decent place with lots to do in the San Diego area. Very chaotic and filled with kids...not at all restful for adults. We would not go there except it is a family outing - 4 kids, 4 spouses, 8 grandkids and us. For that kind of party it is perfect. I'm thinking it might be a bit more peaceful outside the summer season...
Old 02-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #22
larsdennert

I put in a reservations for us arriving April 17, leaving April 19. It is somewhere in the C section, water electric sites. Should be shady and tree lined. We are arriving Friday. I only got a response from one other TM'er so it looks like it won't be a rally. My Sister-in-Law's family is joining us with their TT too. If anyone changes their mind and wants to join, give www.campland.com a call 858-581-4200 and ask to be placed near Dennert

Lars
Old 02-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #23
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Trust me.....we would go had we not already had other plans.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #24
jasongold

Lars - what are the other trips camping clubs that you help moderate? I wish we could make the Campland on the Bay weekend - I read about it after we got our reservamerica confirmation for Zion that weekend.

Jason
Old 02-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #25
larsdennert

I am the incorporating/founder of a nonprofit dive club www.solesearchersdiveclub.com Our next major trip is to Curacao in May but my dance card is full monthly. For instance the Petaluma rally would be fun but there's a CampNDive to refugio in Oct that I help organize already.

I am the forum admin for a 4wheeling TLC.A club www.goldcoastcruisers.com which is where TLCA originally sprung from. The next trip I'm leading there is Feb 28 and I'm also leading the March trip.

Between that, family and running a business, I'm BUSY. My resources for organizing are a bit stretched. Campland was a diversion to get away but I thought it would be fun to meet some more TM'ers too. Short notice but hey getting out is good.

Hey we are going back to Zion and Moab in Aug. If you are out to other places in the area. Check out Antelope Canyon. Here's a part of last years Moab video. I only posted the Antelope Canyon part. http://www.vimeo.com/1980612 We pulled the TM all over. The 12000ft+ passes were tough!
Old 02-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #26
jasongold

Thanks, I'll check out Antelope Canyon. This summer my wife and I are heading back east for two months (we're both teachers) and pulling the TM from Cape Cod down to Virginia Beach - maybe bore the kids to death with Colonial Williamsburg. We were given a 30 day pass to use the Thousand Trails parks after we sat in on a sales pitch, so the cost is low. Have you heard good or bad about them? We're mostly Jedidiah Smith Redwoods and Yosemite campers, but hey, why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Jason
Old 02-13-2009, 06:09 AM   #27
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongold View Post
Thanks, I'll check out Antelope Canyon. This summer my wife and I are heading back east for two months (we're both teachers) and pulling the TM from Cape Cod down to Virginia Beach - maybe bore the kids to death with Colonial Williamsburg. We were given a 30 day pass to use the Thousand Trails parks after we sat in on a sales pitch, so the cost is low. Have you heard good or bad about them? We're mostly Jedidiah Smith Redwoods and Yosemite campers, but hey, why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Jason
We have been member of TTN for over 20 years. But if we camp in one more than 1 week a year I would be surprized. Why we don't sell I don't know. We keep thinking we will use it more. We find that we look for campground or Trailer parks close to big Cities are what we like the best. However when we lived fulltime for 5 years. We did use TTN here in San Diego when we be came home for Doc visits and keeping up with family and friends.