TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
coralcrazed
BannedUsers

Default rv campground listings/book recomendations

could anyone recomend a campground listing book or web site to check for amenities? ie full hookup elect water sewer?
coralcrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
bfezel

I use a "Trailer Life Directory" and also this website which I really like: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/index.html

I've also used other web searches. In spite of your best efforts there will be times when you might be disappointed. Count it as a part of the "adventure."

Bill
Old 05-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
RogerR

Trailer Life is a good start but I always call the state tourism department where I am going and ask for a camping packet. They often have info and state and local campgrounds that are less expensive and sometimes more scenic.
Another hint is to stop at the state line welcome center if you are on the interstate and pick up info for that state.

No one is complete. If you stop early enough you can always keep going if you don't like the look of your first pick.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Bluegrass

I use RVparkreviews.com regularly. It lists all the facilities at the various parks as well as written reviews by users. I find those helpful though one must consider that the needs of a 45' motorhome may be different than a 30' TM.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
I use RVparkreviews.com regularly. It lists all the facilities at the various parks as well as written reviews by users. I find those helpful though one must consider that the needs of a 45' motorhome may be different than a 30' TM.
I read that site too. There is one problem with those reviews. You frequently find reviews of the same park that are completely contradictory. The park is clean/dirty, the folks that run it are friendly/rude, the sites are narrow, or not, and so on. I sort of go with the majority in how seriously I take them.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
coralcrazed
BannedUsers

thanks guys... are there any books you recommend or other web sites as well? thanks again
coralcrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

There may be some state specific books, where do you want to camp? I have the Tom Stienstra books for both WA/OR and CA and find them very helpful (at least the CA book, haven't had a chance to get to WA/OR for an extended trip yet).

Edited to add:

He's more of an outdoorsy guy than an RV'er, but the listings do tell you what amenities the campgrounds have.