TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 04:48 PM   #1
ColoradoCop

Default They Do Exist, TM Sighting

After 3600 miles on the road over the last two weeks, finally saw another TM on the road.  This one was sited near Kellogg, Iowa on Friday, June 20, 2003.  Who was that mystery person ???

ColoradoCop

Old 06-27-2003, 02:08 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: They Do Exist, TM Sighting

Yahoo! Two in two days! After doing more than 20,000 miles with only one sighting, I spotted two in two days.

Yesterday, a southbound 3023 (I'm pretty sure) passed me on Route 1 in Wells, ME.  And today, I spotted another going north on the Maine Turnpike.

Who are these masked travelers?

Bill
Old 06-29-2003, 07:20 AM   #3
smookie

We pulled into a beautiful campsite on the coast of Maine about 9 years ago and right across the street was another TrailManor! Of course, they were just as excited as we were to find someone else with one of these "conversation pieces". We both went  to the same dealer on Long Island, NY. We have visited with them for many years ever since because we all enjoy going back to the same campground every summer.

A couple years ago, those friends traded their TM for a large travel trailer that is permanently setup there. It didn't make a lot of sense to have such a mobile, easy to tow unit if they only go to one place. We, however, travel extensively in ours, with Maine being a favorite part of every summer.

Many people stop what they are doing and watch us put it up or down. They try to act "cool" but they are all dying to see the inside. Its a real ice-breaker and the start of many fun conversations. The only hard part is trying to describe the TM when you make a reservation. "Kind of like a high-low?" "a popup?" We finally tell them that it is a very "fancy" popup.

Old 06-29-2003, 01:20 PM   #4
Carol
Site Sponsor

Default Re: They Do Exist,  TM Sighting

A word of caution on calling the TrailManor a popup when making reservations. They automatically think tent pop-up. I indicated that I wanted full hookups and the person doing the reservations made the assumption that there was no sewer hookup needed. We straightened it out before the reservation was finaliized, luckily! I now say we have a 24 foot trailer since our 2720SL is 23'11'' opened up.

On the plus side, when we camped in RMNP, we fit into one of  their  pop-up (Yellow) sites and didn't have to camp in the big rig area where it was more open.
Old 06-29-2003, 03:56 PM   #5
Windbreaker

I don't know if this helps any but, TM call it a travel trailer, as does State Farm and the state of Texas.

Carol, I have a 2720 so I tell them it is 27'. Watch out of those KOA jerks, they will give you a slot with just the number of feet you tell them, so from now on for KOA it is a 50' rig. That way I have a place to park the  truck also. ;D

Old 06-30-2003, 12:39 AM   #6
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Thanks, we're camping for the first time this Thursday, I told the campsite 33 ft. for a 3326 I hope we have room for our SUV, will let everyone know how it went.

Pam
Old 06-30-2003, 03:04 AM   #7
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I've been trying to figure out exactly what to call ours not many people know what TM's are and there lot more expensive than popups and I kinda like the idea of a very fancy type popup, but when I went to the DMV to get tags they couldn't even find a TM in their data base, so they tagged me a camper and taxed me as a trailer. so guys we're either a fancy popup or what? ???

Pam
Pam,

Unfortunately, the VIN # of the TM makes it a Travel Trailer and not a popup, so you cannot get the PTI plate or sticker (assuming you are in Calif.).  So we Calif. owners are "RVers" and must pay for the priviledge.

Larry
Old 06-30-2003, 03:39 AM   #8
BobWilson
Site Sponsor

A 3326 means 26 towing length which opens to an equivalent of a 33 foot trailer.  Since the front section pulls out over the tongue, this doesn't add to the length.  The rear will add about 4 feet.  So your actual length is 30 ft.  If you are going to disconnect from the TM then you need a spot for a second vehicle.  Otherwise you have to add your vehicle length to the TM.   Shorter is better if you are trying to make reservations and you don't have many choices.  So I would say 30 feet rather than 33 feet.  

Hope this helps.

Bob W.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:01 AM   #9
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

You make an interesting point Bob, but I find that I use the 27 foot figure when making reservations so that they don't stick me into some small spot.  I would hate to be squeezed into a site because I told them 24 ft. versus 27 ft.

On another topic note, how is your new trailer working out? Have you taken it for a shake down yet? I haven't seen your report...did I miss it?

Larry
Old 07-23-2003, 02:14 PM   #10
dennisu

Default Re:They Do Exist, TM Sighting

after pulling our 3023 over 10,000 miles and not seeing another tm, my wife and i left it at home and took off to our cabin in green mountain falls, colorado. just after the 4th of july a tm drove through town directly by our cabin but we could not tell what size it was. later on during the trip we saw another north on I-25 around monument colorado and then yesterday, 7-22, we saw another one west bound on i-70 somewhere in kansas. so yes they do indeed exist!

dennisu

Closed Thread