TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
TrailGuy77

Smile Serrano Campground Near Big Bear Lake,CA

If you are ever in Southern CA,Serrano Campground is a "nice one".You can actually see the lake from some of the sites.The campground has a "woodsy feel" with many trees.The "Snowberry Loop" has full hookups while the others are non hookups.The lake is noted for some great trout fishing in the winter and spring.The altitude is fairly high,so even in the summer when the daytime temps are up there,it cools down nicely in the evening.There are lots of nearby activities like hiking,biking,off roading,fishing,boating,swimming and bird watching.Big Bear City is a real attraction and can be very busy in the summer months,but so can many other places!Be sure to make your reservations well in advance if you plan on camping there in the summertime!

TrailGuy77

TM:2010 3023
TV:2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4x4 V8-Doug Thorley Headers,Gibson 2 1/2" Exhaust,DrawTite Brake Controller,1000 LB EasyLift WDH
Old 08-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailGuy77 View Post
If you are ever in Southern CA,Serrano Campground is a "nice one".You can actually see the lake from some of the sites.The campground has a "woodsy feel" with many trees.The "Snowberry Loop" has full hookups while the others are non hookups.The lake is noted for some great trout fishing in the winter and spring.The altitude is fairly high,so even in the summer when the daytime temps are up there,it cools down nicely in the evening.There are lots of nearby activities like hiking,biking,off roading,fishing,boating,swimming and bird watching.Big Bear City is a real attraction and can be very busy in the summer months,but so can many other places!Be sure to make your reservations well in advance if you plan on camping there in the summertime!

TrailGuy77

TM:2010 3023
TV:2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4x4 V8-Doug Thorley Headers,Gibson 2 1/2" Exhaust,DrawTite Brake Controller,1000 LB EasyLift WDH

I very much agree with TrailGuy. Serrano is a great campground. We took our "shakedown cruise" there two weeks ago. I checked the website and found two sites with hook ups open Tuesday through Thursday nights, so I reserved one.

One thing to know about is that the only hook ups available are on the northern half of the Snowberry loop, from about site 35-70 or so. The south half does not have hook ups. Because of the hook ups, I believe, they did not build a restroom on the northern half of the loop. So if you are not going to use the TM's toilet, you have some walking to do. The restrooms are well lit at night and easy to see though.

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Bigbit

I like Serrano as well. However, my wife uses a CPAP machine for sleep apnea and it did not work well at the 7200' elevation.

Otherwise, we would go back...