TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #11
davlin
TrailManor Master

Sure do. It was a Delta 2400LF. There are several models of this with different handles (that's what the letters at the end of the model number means), but the faucets are all the same, and that's the critical dimension.

There's a wide range of prices online for this faucet. In the end, Home Depot (online) had the best price, about $51 or so.

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
cbossc

Thanks Dave. You should add the Delta part # to the "TrailManor information you won't find anywhere else" and your thread " Replacing Kitchen Faucet". It's a great tutorial. I'm sure it will be used by many. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #13
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Thanks Dave,

I used your information to order a faucet. Max height is 6" with valve close, open it's 6-27/32. We don't have a sprayer So I order a Pfister that had a sprayer only using three holes. I will have to play with the pipe ends since the new faucet the pipes connect in the center. I'm thinking removing the water heater might be the answer to work on it.

Here is the one I ordered.

tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #14
davlin
TrailManor Master

Art,

See my tutorial on removing and replacing the water heater. http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=15311

If your fresh water tank and water heater are both under the kitchen sink, that's probably the way to go.

Make sure that your new pfister faucet has the correct dimensions to fit the holes in your existing sink. Could you send me the model number of the faucet your going to use?

Dave
Old 06-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I did check the dimensions in your attachment. It looks like it's ok for the holes and height. Only issue might be when the Handel is left up which is 6 - 27/32" high from sink top when up. Otherwise high point is the spout at 6" when handle is down. The unit is a three hole unit with standard 8" on center between the outer holes. I did look under my sink and the sink is a three hole sink.

My tight clearance is the handle when it open or up at 6 - 27/32. Which I'm think in worst case we forget to put it down when we drain the lines and if there is not enough clearance the roof forces it down a little. what your thought?

I did look at your info on removing the water heater and will be referencing it when doing the job. Thanks for the great info.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #16
davlin
TrailManor Master

Art,

Based upon the photo of the faucet, even if you left it "up," I think the roof, if it makes contact, would just push it down. Can't imagine why it would be left in the "up" position, anyway.

Good luck on your project. Let us know how it turns out.

Dave
Old 06-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #17
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Thanks Dave, I could not get all the info you asked for earlier. But had time to pull it up now .

The only way I could see leaving it up would be when I drain the system and forget to come back and close the faucets. Like winterizing or after the last CS on a trip. I know I do it all the time. lol I always check if the faucets are closed before I hook up water before a trip to fill the water heater and about half the time they are open.

I stand corrected it 6 1/2 inch high when open. This was the lowest three hole faucet with sprayer I could find. Most of them where over 7" tall. The below specs don't list the top of the spout, but it is 6" per tech support. Just got it, it looks good all metal except the sprayer, which is plastic that has a chrome finish not white as the photo shows.

I will have to re-plum the pex pip ends or use a 1/2 to 1/2 inch hose. I'm a little picky, so I will most likely re plum the ends. That where your instructions on pulling the W/H will be greatly appreciated.

Model is G134-3444, specs are http://s7d1.scene7.com/is/content/Pfister/ss-p134-01-p2
Old 06-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #18
davlin
TrailManor Master

Art,

Your faucet choice should be just fine. Please read the very last slide on my water heater tutorial. If lining up the propane line when you're doing the reinstall becomes too difficult, do the trick I talk about on that page. I didn't have to do it on my 3124, but it made all the difference when I replaced the WH on my 3326!

Dave

P.S. Post some pictures when you get 'er dun.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #19
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Thanks again Dave. I will check out the note. Sometimes those flare nut fittings can be a pain.

I will look up this thread and put up some before and after photos. It will be awhile since we do not plan to be out camping in july. I normally do all my maintenance and mods in the one or two days before we leave or after we return.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #20
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

dvlin, Thanks for those instructions for pulling the water heater and your help with the measurements. Just finished installing the faucet. DW was very happy with the sprayer. We will field test it this weekend. I don't think I could have installed it without pulling the water heater.

I did check the clearances with the back half of the camper closed and with the water handle fully up. I had about 5/8 of an inch before it would touch the ceiling. The sprayer had over an inch clearance.

I cut off the 1/2 fitting that went to the old faucet and put on a watts quick connect 1/2" pex to male 1/2" pipe thread 90 degree elbow. I Ran a 12 inch fixable hose that has the 1/2 female fitting at each end between the faucet and watts fittings.

It took about 6 hours and cost about $55
- $37 for the all metal "Pfister Pfirst Series 1-Handle 3-Hole Mid-Arc Kitchen Faucet w/Side Spray" from amazon
- $18 for the fittings and hoses

Now on to the next project.