TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-04-2005, 03:54 PM   #1
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Question Shower

When we use the shower, I turn the water off with the Delta showerhead as I soap up. The Delta showerhead is designed to trickle water; rather then a complete shut off. That is supposed to keep the water temp the same. Unfortunately, it tends to get very cold! This never happened with the past two campers, that had the same kind of showerhead. Any ideas as to why?
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:26 PM   #2
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Ours always does that ( ) factory shower head . That's why the Mrs. insists that thing wasnt meant to be shut off

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:06 PM   #3
hal

Then, if you have turned it back on and it is like mine, you get a blast of scalding hot water.

By the way, if you wish to improve your shower facilities, my wife and I have developed a hands free shower apparatus. Free for the asking.

Hal
Old 08-05-2005, 04:42 AM   #4
Ted Lehmann

Hal - Please send or post details on this, as it would help a good deal. - Ted
Old 08-05-2005, 08:53 AM   #5
BobRederick

I wrote to Ed at TM factory about this and he said that is normal behavior. No help from them.

What I find is that turning on any of the hot spiggots results in the water quickly slowing down to a drip. Cold doesn't behave that way. I think the rubber seal changes shape when the hot water hits it and closes up the small opening you made when you turned it on to run slowly. The only solution I know of it to turn it back on. You have to do that with the shower, turn it back on. Repeat that 2 or 3 times and it finally stays on. I think the rubber has finally expanded all it is going to and the water flow rate stays where you put it.

On my last TM shower, I used mostly hot water but ran it very slowly. This way, I can tell if it is turned off and it cools a little in the pipe so I don't get scalded. This conserves water and I only used about 1/2" of water from the tank.

Anyway, it works for me. YMMV.

It doesn't work for DW. I installed one of those bladder systems that prevents the pump from running so often, but because of this flow rate characteristic, she turns it on fast and the pump runs until she turns it back off. I sit and grimmace.

If anyone knows about a better faucet system for the camper, I would be interested in knowing about the upgrade.

Bob
Old 08-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #6
hal

Ted, it may take one or two days before I can send you the info on the hands free shower. I am presently upgrading my OS. In the process, I need to transfer this, etc. to my computer.

Hal
Old 08-10-2005, 06:19 AM   #7
radiojon

I'd like to take a look at that too, Hal. Please send along the details!

THANKS!

- Mark
Old 08-10-2005, 11:11 PM   #8
BrigCA61

Default HandsFree Showerhead Thread Moved...

I just found what you are looking for, Hal posted today over here...

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=3223

TO HAL:

Hal, this is GREAT!! Do you produce and distrubute this product yourself? You have done a great job with the brochure too!!! Seems like a custom product just for the Trailmanor Owner!!! Maybe you can get TrailManor or the Dealers to buy your product!! Can you tell me how much it is and how to order it?

Thank you,
Brigitte
Old 08-11-2005, 08:23 AM   #9
hal

Wow~blush blush. You are so complimentary. Yes it is designed for the TM, but most likely it can be easily adapted for other type rvs. The soap dispenser comes with four suction cups that may make it attachable to some rv shower walls. The idea for this came from my wife and my need for better utilization of the shower in the TM. I understand that so many Manorites found the shower in their TM to be cumbersome and some use it only for storage.

Why don't I produce this and make it available to others? First of all, it is very easy to construct. (on a scale of 1-10, it is for most people a "2"). Also if I were to put it all together it probably would cost much more. (parts, labor, postage, etc) Doing it yourself it should cost you about $25-30.00. As it is It may take you longer to shop for the parts than it takes to assemble it. I do recommend for better fit, that the reommended door hangers be used.
The soap dispensers and over the door hangers should be available at WalMart, Camping World, or maybe big box hardware stores. The shower holder are frequently available at Camping World or other RV supply stores.

This device does work well. There is nothing like taking a shower in the comfort of your own TM an when finished drying off, you can almost be ready for bed, or a relaxing, refreshing moment to savor the day in your own privacy. No more tripping down a rock strewn path to the public showers, only to return to you TM with your feet covered in dust.

I do hope that many of you will take advantage of this device. Enjoy.

Hal
Old 09-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #10
Bill & Lisa

Default Easier Application Using Delta Parts

I used a Delta Wall Mount for hand held showers part #75004 I found a my local home center store and a Dispenser Classic shower caddy (4 bottle size). The shower mount has a glue base so it's easy to attach. The slope of the caddy allows flat mounting of the wall mount, so no sculpting is necessary. A little epoxy, over the door mounts cut as you direct and the unit was done in 20 minutes.

Well, after a test, I had to use a few screws in the back of the unit to hold the door mounts on.

I took out 38 inches from the bottom twelve inches of the shower curtain (in height) in pleats and overlapped the back about an inch. The hem is about 1 1/2 inches deep. As you can see from the pics below, I hung my 64 inch long tapered curtain with old fashioned wire hangers except for on the step/seat end. I hung this end on the existing hooks to adjust the height, but it was necessary to open the wire hangers a bit to fit the gromets of the shower curtain.

To keep the bottom edge from pulling in during a shower, I used a 70 inch long piece of stainless steel cable inserted in the hem and bent it to shape.

I plan to cut an additional button hole for the shower hose to snake through and add a piece of velcro about half way up the curtain--much like Hal describes. However, the additional anchor on the wall does not work due to the cable.