PDA

View Full Version : Front interior lights are out

boater454
08-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm not getting any power to the two lights in the very front interior (look like little lamps). Fuse is OK. Any suggestions on where to look for the problem?

thanks

myersm
08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Did you turn on the power switch at the forward roof vent?

countrygirl
08-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Look for a round black button type knob in the roof vent on the door side.

boater454
08-19-2010, 07:53 PM
OK I'll look tomorrow. Thanks

PopBeavers
08-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I wish I had a dollar for every time this topic has come up.

I remember when my TM was new and I had the same problem.

I turned the black knob and nothing seemed to happen. Left it in a random position. Lights seemed to be broken.

Long time later played with the black knob again, still no effect. Left it in a random position. Daughter turns on the front lights some time later and they worked.

I never knew why until I read it here.

Larry Gault
08-20-2010, 04:51 AM
Mine don't have the above mentioned switch & I doubt his does either. I think it is a added feature after 2000.

commodor47
08-20-2010, 05:39 AM
The power switch for the front shell forward lights should be located along the inside trim of a skylight - and may not be an obvious electrical switch.

Dick

boater454
08-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Yep, just went out and found it and they worked! I don't feel completely stupid because the guy I bought it from told me the lights were broken and he didn't know why they didn't work. So I checked current, fuses etc. Thanks so much for the help. I did a search for "front interior lights" before I posted this and didn't find anything. But now that I look again I can find several posts on it. Maybe I searched wrong? Thanks for putting up with me!

That switch is a good idea so you don't have to climb across the dinette into bed to turn lights on or off.

knoxjere
09-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Boater 454. Welcome to the forum. We live in Knoxville as well. This is our second TM. We have learned a lot in our two years of ownership. If we can be of help, please PM us or contact us at [email protected]. Just realized this is an older post and you may not need help by now! But if you do, let us know!