PDA

View Full Version : TST TPMS fails after just 2 years

ShrimpBurrito
10-31-2012, 12:39 PM
For a little over 2 years, my TST tire pressure monitoring system has performed flawlessly. I know others here have bought them and have also reported good experiences. It's a good value, and until last week, seemed to do a good job.

Last week the liquid crystal display suddenly cracked, spilling fluid all under the display (contained under the display glass). We did not have particularly warm temperatures outside, and the display had not been moved since I installed it, so I have no clue what could have precipitated the failure.

I called the company, talked with Mike, and told him what happened and that I had bought it "a little over 2 years ago". He said no problem, send it back, and we'll replace it. Today I get a call saying sorry, we can't cover it under warranty because it expired a few months ago (which, as I look at my order confirmation, is indeed true). But we can sell you a new display for $39.

Umm....ok. Whatever. I understand it is technically under warranty, but was hoping for a goodwill gesture, especially for a replacement that presumably doesn't cost them very much. I'm hoping this one will last longer.

Dave

hoverlover
10-31-2012, 01:29 PM
My 1 yr old TST probably saved me a tire 2 weeks ago as it emitted its warning alarm while I was transiting through downtown Jax, Fl. enroute to Pelican Roost at NS Mayport.(from St. Louis,MO). I glanced at the monitor to see tire pressure passing 29 psi and pulled into a bank parking lot. An hour later I was on my way. A valve stem leak is all it was. I know, shoulda got steel stems! But I sure do recommend those tire monitors!