PDA

View Full Version : doe anyone carry a spare tire for their TM?

tarudy
05-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Hello Fellow Campers,

I am leaving Sat. for an 8.5 hr drive to S. Carolina and the preparations got me wondering if anyone carries a spare tire along for their TM? I always used to have one on my boat trailer....

Thanks,
Trudy

bayoubill
05-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Do you mean spare tire mounted on a rim? If so, you should have a "spare" under your 2013 TM. The much older TM's had a spare on the back bumper.

Kidkraz
05-09-2014, 04:40 AM
I do, its still stored in under the camper as Bayoubill mentioned. I hope to never have to use it, but glad its there.

Padgett
05-09-2014, 06:28 AM
I just replaced both tires and wheels with 15's. The '14 from 2010 will become the spare. I'll probably also carry a tube & compressor just in case.

tentcamper
05-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Taruny, I have only heard of a few people bringing an extra spare tire. If you asking about just a spare? I think almost everyone carries a mounted spare. Somewhere around 2003, Trailmanor came out with a spare tire mound that is under the camper. That is why you don't see to many with a spare on the bumper. I think every camper comes from the factory with a spare?

But you touch a good subject. You should change your spare when you change your tires.

B_and_D
05-09-2014, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't go anywhere without a spare. If we have to use the spare, we replace it as soon as possible.

tgpmd1
05-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Yes, always carry a spare. We updated our spare to 15" when we added the lift kit. Now is does not fit in the spare tire holder, but going to mod that as soon as I get a chance. Doing the shower mod today. Also adding a door curtain and changing area curtain. Just finished cleaning out the hot water tank. Will need to order a new anode rod.

Redtail Cruiser
05-09-2014, 11:56 AM
When I upgraded to 15 inch D load tires, I bought three rims and three tires, but not only do I carry a spare, I also carry a 32 oz. bottle of Tire Slime, a tubless tire repair kit and a 12 volt compressor. The Slime or the tubless tire repair kit only works if you have a nail hole or similar penetration, but it's just another way to ease my mind when we're boondocking back where tow trucks sometimes refuse to go.

wbmiller3
05-09-2014, 02:36 PM
When I put in the lift kit and went to 15" wheels I brought a 3rd identical one for the spare. The nice thing about the old bumper mount for the spare is that it fit without modification...although it did make my already tight fit in the garage even tighter :)

moaboy
05-09-2014, 08:00 PM
If u had a flat tire, what would u do wo a spare?
Or do u mean an extra tire/wheel?