View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Mine hase gotten complex enough that I have decided to replace the fuses and all with a small -trailer sized load center. Square D seems to have some dual rated systems.

The main driver for this was the 1200W (continuous) inverter I have and a coffee maker that needs a 770W source. May only be for a minute or two at a time but will pull 70-100A from the GC2s when dry camping, 20 minutes of solar should recover and I only drink one or two cups a day of max strength.

Got used to having the 1KW Freedom/Heart in my RV so could have coffee/toasted bagle without starting anything (had two GC2s and an grp 31 AGM starting battery in there).

Theory is to use the generator only for AC or "extra" and the Honda 2000 should be fine for that (with new circuit even started AC when in ECON mode but had to grunt a bit).

Also doubt that will do much dry camping but at least once a year need for a hot week. Once I start a slow ramble of the US who knows ?

More after I go to Lowes and HD and ramble a bit but expect cost to be between $50 and $100 with breakers. Expensive part will be the 70A or 100A breaker but with AWG 2 wire running to the inverter am not going to just hard wire.

ps the Sharp pulls 980W for Microwave and 1300W for grill bake so about the same as the Fridge. 10A of 120v = 100a of 12 for 10 minutes is about 16AH and will need about 1.2-2 hrs of solar to replace.

Understanding the need for an energy budget better now ?