View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Height above ground measurement with lift lit

Common questions regarding the lift kit are "Do I have a lift kit on my trailer? How can I tell?" And the question is further obscured by the fact that a few years ago, TM began to install a high-lift axle on some (but not all) trailers in place of a lift kit. Later, the factory made the high-lift axle standard. So you can add "Do I have a high-lift axle?" to the list of questions.

I think the answer to all of it can be found by measuring the height of the trailer frame above ground. If your TM has a lift kit, the frame will be further off the ground than if it does not. Make this meqasurement near the axle, so leveling the trailer won't affect it. Of course, a change to 15 inch tires will also make a difference, but much less than the addition of a lift kit.

My 2006 2720SL has a factory-installed lift kit and 15 inch tires. The bottom of the frame is 16 1/2 inches above the ground. If your trailer is of similar vintage but doesn't have a lift kit, I would expect the height to be more on the order of 14+ inches. Perhaps someone can confirm? And if your trailer is new, I would expect it to be 16 inches or so even if no lift kit is visible.

At any rate, I put a picture of the measurement in my Tech Album, at

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...pictureid=1283

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote