View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 08:25 AM   #9
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyindfw View Post
I am having issues with the lower door pin sliding into the clip. ... I'm hoping that by adjusting the torsion bars on the front box, it will move it to the rear
Wrong adjustment. The torsion bar is only to ease lifting/lowering. There is a bolt at the top of the lift arm that is only visible with the shell closed. This engages a stop in the lift arm pocket in the shell. It's called the "pocket stop". Carefully level the trailer, then stick a magnetic inclinometer (hardware stores have them) on the lift arm and get each arm adjusted to 0 degrees. That should be close to right for the door. Further adjust the arms until the top and bottom of the door are aligned horizontally.

It is also possible to adjust the shell height by loosening the 4 bolts holding the torsion bar in the lift arm and lifting the shell with a farm jack. Danger: tighten the bolts before lowering the shell. There is a lot of stored energy in the torsion bars when the shells are closed, releasing it could whip parts around and cause death or injury.