View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #28
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

Bruce,

I'm not too keen on removing the bracket on the underside of the trailer. Bolts can have a static friction that will not be restored when resecured, or will result in a weakened attachment when retorqued as the wood is compressed further. Also, while removing the bracket may allow me to align the lift arm to the torsion bar, there would be a lot of tension making reattaching the bracket more difficult and possibly elongate the mounting holes. Maybe that wouldn't happen to anyone else, but Murphy's law says that will definitely happen to me!

I do think my best bet is to back off all 4 pocket stop bolts so that the shell opens with the lift arms a little forwards from vertical. This will allow me to better align the new torsion bar to the lift arm. I may have to remove the lift arm to enlarge the hole a little, so I should make sure I have an entire day to work on this.

I haven't heard from Sonja yet. They were quick to reply when I was buying something! (She did reply quickly to a question I had a year or two ago, so maybe my e-mail got buried.)

Rain in the next few days, so this will have to wait a few days or more.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote