View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 05:39 PM   #16
Stephene1219

After spending a lot of time under the TM today, I can say that the drainpipe is just too long. If I really pull down with a lot of force I can get the flange down to the floor. So, my guess is they pushed down with a lot of force and then screwed it to the floor.

Bill I also read your post on removing the toilet and in my case there definitely were no sliding wedges. The brass nuts were just tightened down on the flange.

I am somewhat taken aback about the lack of outrage about TM's lack of QA and accountability. It just seems that everyone just accepts the poor workmanship. Do not get me wrong, I love the TM. Just so much room and easy to tow. On my trip, towing with a Ford Ranger averaged 15.1 MPG. For me the true quality of a product is not what you can see but everything underneath that makes it work. It just seems the attention to detail is lacking at TM.

I will be replacing the toilet and am trying to decide on which way to go. I looked in the forum and there are no current discussion on replacement, for a newer 2020 TM that I can find.

As an aside I do not do any social media so If have no FB access.
Stephene1219 is offline   Reply With Quote