View Single Post
Old 07-12-2023, 06:35 PM   #23
Stephene1219

Default Cutting waste pipe and replacement Toilet

It seems TM has used a 2-piece closet flange. You have the piece that connect to the waste line which is what my pictures shows. Then they have added the outer ring flange. This is what your picture shows. Here is my problem.

The outer ring flange was broken as my picture shows and I cannot find any repair flange that will work. TM says that got these special from a local RV dealer, but they do not sell them. The flange has a small lip on the inside that snaps around the drainpipe section. So, when you bolt the flange down it holds everything in place.

So, I am thinking to just replace the entire closet flange with a 0ne piece flange. In looking under the TM at the waste pipe, there is not much room to make a cut and still have room to add a coupling (either hard or soft). I would have to leave 3" above the 90 degree elbow,

Has anyone done this?

Since I not an expert in fiberglass, the SeaLand is no longer available, and cassette toilets are just not feasible based on the various state regulation's. For example CA does not all them in any state park. As of now CA, CO and ME only allow the "contents must be emptied into a designated sewage treatment/dump station facility." I will just reinstall the Tedford unless someone has a better idea.
Stephene1219 is offline   Reply With Quote