View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 11:55 PM   #9
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

Tried turning things on and off and made some progress

1. Propane leak concern eliminated- just ran water heater and no smells. CO/Propane detector is battery powered and ceiling mounted near converter but seems likely previously reported odor was from a stove burner and even before didn’t last long .

2. Water heater trigger point? - propane flame ran well for about 10-15 min then shut off. Is this normal once water reaches a certain temperature? If so, this may also be why it did nothing Saturday morning as I had the electric water heater switch “on” overnight and may have already been too hot for flame to operate. Tonight after flame turned off I toggled the interior water heater switch off/on again but still wouldn’t even try to light flame (no buzzing sound) so assuming there’s a thermostat that stops it at a certain heat

3. Fridge on propane worked again but only after switching on refrigerator fan just prior to 4th attempt. Unfortunately now I’m facing the dreaded “won’t stay green issue” with dual on fridge door moving in/out of green , which I hadn’t seen before. On good news, I switched “off” refrigerator fan button and fridge lit on propane again (though it wouldn’t stay in green), which tells me it’s not wired to the fan.

4. Water heater noise I described as a buzz is not by design of PO (wasn’t there with previous water heater). It’s more like the constant buzz noise when an airplane is in flight and doesn’t go away but decreases very slightly from initial sound. Also noise begins immediately when switch is turned on, even before flame lights (and before clicks). Buzz not heard once water heater shut off, nor heard after I toggled interior water heater switch off/on in attempt to relight.

5. Fuse that looks seated at angle was checked and connected fine. Also the breaker did seem off but when I pushed back it would move right over so figured that’s the normal position?

6. TM factory suggested I check for a loose wire ( 3 wires on top of the water heater underneath the sink, Black, Green, and Pink that make should beconnected with a wing nut). Based on pic think they are
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1285.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	22736  
DanSTL is offline   Reply With Quote