View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 07:06 PM   #5
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

If it's just the "look" of the vinyl flaps, there's someone here who made wooden inserts in place of the vinyl flaps. However, the vinyl with velcro has some insulating benefits, and we use them as shelves all the time.

@DustyRoads, at 31' fully open this may feel like an upsize compared to your Forest River, and an upgrade when closed for towing. The TM isn't quite as convenient for packing up and setting up, but we found that the packing up of the inside doesn't take that much more time. I would still be securing everything on the inside anyway, which pretty much leaves closing the wardrobe, washroom, flaps, and the beds/slides before closing the shells. Those extra steps really don't add much.

And the newer TM interiors are nicely upgraded. Ours still had carpeting and incandescent 12V lighting. The interior walls of the newer ones also have an additional lining to the aluminum skin. I'm not sure what advantages that has as I've only seen it once when at the Ontario CA dealership. (Us Canadians, that is Ontario CA, USA!)

I'm sure you will enjoy your new TM very much!

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote