View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 05:23 PM   #23
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
When trying to see how much room I had for the back bed, I closed the back shell and crawled back in. As you can see from the photo, you have about an inch, and goes to about 2-3 inches at the center of the shell. My worries would be keeping the elements out during bad weather and heat in. But it is an interesting idea.
I'm thinking the more critical space would be on the exterior, specifically, between the two shells when folded, since I believe the roof directly above the shower would be under the roof of the front shell. When the TM is folded, how much can rise above the level of the rear roof before hitting the ceiling of the front shell?

Certainly, a removable skylight could be employed, such that this clearance is irrelevant. And I could even see the potential for 2 different tops -- a skylight with increased clearance (and so, a dome), and another skylight that is completely flat, letting in light be being the same level as the roof. Attach with magnets, perhaps, and you'd mount the dome version of course prior to setting up. The flat one could stay installed while folded.

There is precedence for using magnets to make a seal. The MagVent -- an interface between the wall and the clothes dryer exhaust hose -- is a great example, and which makes an airtight seal. And if it's airtight, it's water tight. And that is hot humid air coming out of the dryer, and so is obviously rust-resistant. I've installed one -- they're fantastic (https://www.magvent-dryervent.com/)

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote