View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 01:52 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

You probably have no option other than to fix it from the inside of the TM, under the sink. My guess - I don't know your TM year or model - is that you will cut off the pipe a few inches above the floor, not too close to the water heater or any other joints. I would rebuild everything below the cut with glued joints - don't try to do crimped joints.

It is easy. If the pipe is PVC, you simply cut it off at some handy point under the sink, and use glued fittings to rebuild the assembly tht you are removing. If the pipe is PEX, you can't glue it, but a Sharkbite fitting will attach PEX to PVC, so you use the Shkbite to get you into PVC, and it is the same from there on. Get a new length of plain old Schedule 40 1/2" PVC pipe - 4 feet is plenty - and some push-fit (not threaded) fittings. You will need at least one PVC union, an elbow or two, and a small can each of purple primer and PVC cement. Each can should be marked "PVC, CPVC and ABS". You will also need a new valve, of course. Make all pipe cuts smooth and square.

Cut and dry-fit all the pieces of the assembly, to make sure it all fits right. When you have it right, disassemble it, and reassemble it in place, one joint at a time.

From Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, etc, total cost will be around $20, and glued joints are easy. Questions? This is the place to ask them.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote