View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
JOEALAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Joe -

Here's a kinda dopey question. Where is the battery located on your 2619? If it is on the tongue, you can simply use clamps directly on the battery posts - no need to fiddle with the Bargman.

On the other hand, if it is inside somewhere and you want to get a little more elaborate, you could permanently mount the Guest charger near the battery, and permanently wire the charger's output to the battery. Now bring the charger's AC power plug out to someplace where you can get at it when the TM is closed.

On my 2002 2720SL, the battery was mounted in the rear outside compartment. I screwed the smart charger to the compartment wall, wired it to the battery, then drilled a hole in the compartment floor and dropped the charger's AC power cord down into the bumper compartment. Since the bumper compartment cover can be removed even when the TM is closed, I could simply remove the cover and plug the charger's cord into an extension cord.

A bit more of a pain to install, but from then on, really easy to use. You can kind of see it (item 7) over on the right in

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...4771#post14771

Bill
Dopey? I'm the one who is feeling dopey. Never been mechanically incline or electric wise. Really looking for a simple solution.

My one and only battery is located on the tongue.

Bill thanks for all of your help.