View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
wmtire

As we have discussed several times, over many forums.....make sure to check the manufacture dates on your (supposedly) new tires. This goes for your trailer as well as your vehicles.

Just because you think you are paying for a new tire, doesn't mean you just got a newly manufactured tire. They can sit in warehouses, and/or dealer stock for years before being sold. A tire is similar to a battery, and the components start deteriating from day one.

With there being some shortages in some tire lines right now, with production being shifted, I am seeing more and more of these old tires making it to market. The manufacturers/distributors are selling anything they can get ahold of. A good example of this, is last week I was checking online inventory from one of my distributors and saw some tires on there that the manufacturer discontinued producing 3-4 years ago.........but they were selling these old tires at todays prices. Don't have any idea whose old warehouse they dug these out of, but I feel bad for whomever ends up with these.

Keep this in mind, and don't accept any old tires. Look at the manufacture date before allowing the tire dealer to mount them.......and definitely before you pay for them.