View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
OffToDaRaces

Default Thetford @##&%$#@

Thank you Bill, for your information. Unfortunately, you are misinformed.

First incorrect information: There is no EZ slide valve.

There is in fact an alleged "EZ-slide" valve assembly (see owners installation manual).

Second, you seem to have made a assumption that when I mentioned that I had tried to "set" the Thetford on the closet flange, that I had not done the other installation steps, ie, install closet flange, studs, seal collar etc. I also followed the recommendation, In the Owners manual, that the white plastic wedges be installed in the track, in a full forward position. Those things were done. The problem came when lowering the toilet onto the flange studs. One plastic piece insisted on moving when ever I tried to position the toilet. The other remained where I originally placed it and I could get that one to slide and lock into position. However, I could not reposition the plastic wedge to slide (hence, I guess, the justification for the "EZ Slide" phraseology) into place. Even using small straight tools to try to manipulate the wedge, and secure it first, before securing the proper acting slide wedge, I was not successful.

However, with your message in tow, and my bloodpressure slightly increased, I will remove the toilet from its present sittin place and secure lightly, the wedges into their respective Tracks, and try again