View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 05:29 PM   #23
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Can’t get the converter out of the way completely. A PO had cut the 30A power cord short and put a plug on it in order to use a regular free power cord instead of feeding it through the mouse hole. The remaining section of that cord is too short to allow me to move it far. Can get it out far enough to be able to shift enough of the remaining wiring that I can get my arm in a fair distance. Long skinny arms .

Discovered that there is a sheet of styrofoam in there, but it isn’t long enough to completely bridge the channel over the grey tank waste pipe. So when you stand on that rear corner it sinks. Can’t get a picture since I can’t get my phone at the right angle through the wires. But I can feel where the gap is back there.

I can get good enough access to add more styrofoam but couldn’t correct that unsupported spot. I also can’t get a can of spray foam in behind the converter. I do have some tubing that I might be able to use to extend the tube on the can, and maybe that will work.

I think if I slide a couple of supporting pieces of styrofoam on edge along each side of the waste pipe (which I can do) I can slide a thin sheet of something over the gap and then fill the space between the tub and that little “table” with expanding foam without filling the channel around the waste pipe.

That’s tomorrow’s attempt. Now it’s time for supper and a couple of bandaids for my skinned knuckles and forearm.