View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
pauloh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Bill is correct. Those white nylon wedges are #6 in the bottom diagram here:
http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PARTS/P...8/Default.aspx

Bill is also correct here. I can see the nylon wedges in your photo (which you have labeled), and they were definitely installed from the rear of the toilet, probably before the factory attached the wall. If you look beyond that bolt, you should see the edge of the clip sticking up -- it's the only white thing that should be down there (the toilet is sand colored or whatever). To remove, take a flat-bladed screwdriver and place it on the part of the wedge that is sticking up behind the bolt -- give the screwdriver a few taps with the hammer, and you should see the two white parts under the bolt move backwards. This doesn't require he-man strength, but it isn't surgery either. Don't be afraid to give it as much force as you would in hammering a medium-sized nail. Once those clips are free of the bolt, you won't be able to push them back further because there is a stop back there. When that happens, you just lift up the toilet -- those bolts may catch on that bracket, so you may just have to wiggle it to get it free.

When you reinstall, you will move those wedges so you tap them in the the same screwdriver/hammer -- I believe you will have to reverse those tracks in which they ride, which are screwed into the toilet. Easy to flip.

Dave
Thanks for confirming all this, Dave, and the line drawing you referenced shows the clip/slide/wedge more clearly. I'm sure I can tap them out of there as you suggest, that makes perfect sense with what I saw under there. I'll post results....
TV: 2007 Toyota 4Runner, V8, 4x4
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Reese 49586-020 Trunnion WDH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pauloh is offline   Reply With Quote