Thread: Cracked Frame
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #109
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesherp View Post
I had hoped to never revisit this thread, but I have joined the group of owners having this problem. From the rust around the welds I think it may have been this way for some time and only gotten bad enough for me to notice upon return from our latest trip. My neighbor works at a welding supply so I plan to see who he would recommend this evening. It looks like everyone has had success in getting this rectified so I am hoping to be as lucky. Utahsue’s explanation and pictures in post #64 of what she had done has given me a pretty good idea what will be required (I think). If someone has an update on this problem please post. Did TM ever come up with any suggestions as to how to repair this? Did anyone have further problems after their repair? I am very uneasy about this and would appreciate any and all feedback!
That looks almost exactly like the failure we had. In our case we got rid of the swing feature.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote