View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 09:12 PM   #14
jagizzi
Site Sponsor

This is a bit from the FB post for those that don't participate in both forums. I didn't like the kitchen drain setup. It blocked the inlet for my new water heater, the p-trap was in backwards such that the entire sink drain was always full of water, which I didnt like, and the whole thing was 1 1/4', which I couldn't find anywhere, including on line. So I changed it all and it ended up being quite simple. All 1 1/2" except for the original sink tail piece.

You can see what I considered to be the problem in the first photo. The second photo is the parts laid out, a couple already glued in but you can see them all, but nothing yet hooked up. The final photo is the finished install.

Some things worth mentioning here. The water heater was getting replaced with an on demand, so nothing was in that space for this install. The sink was removed because I did new countertops so I didn't have that to deal with either, and I installed a new bathroom sink and countertop as well, so that space was open.

I think that this can easily be done with the sinks installed but it is going to depend on your plumbing alignment.

The HepVo comes with 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 connectors and it simply hand tightens into place once you have the connectors installed. Slick, easy and effective.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Problem copy.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	660.8 KB
ID:	22584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Solution copy.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	753.6 KB
ID:	22585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Problem solved copy.jpg
Views:	70