View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #10
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Brian,

TrailManor uses the same foam core stress skin construction for all of the floor, roof and wall panels. Wood framing was used in the '97 model year.

The attempted repair of the 2614 using what looks like ridged foam insulation would have no strength. There is apparently wood frame damage as shown in one of the pictures. Also, there are no pictures showing possible damage to the front end and roof of the 2614.

There have been several TMs where the wood framing has been replaced when it rotted out. This was possible since there was no damage to the stress skin itself.

My '02 2720SL was wrecked on it's way back from the factory after front roof replacement. It was there because the stress skin aluminum in the front roof was delaminating from the foam core around the roof vent. The dealer tried several times to fix the problem, but every fix just made the problem worse. By the time it went back to TrailManor, I could flex the front roof 3 to 4 inches by pushing up on the inside. It would not have supported any additional weight on the roof.

FYI, TrailManor did the roof replacement under warranty. The most probable reason for this delamination was that the aluminum skin was not properly cleaned before application of the adhesive during assembly of the panel. As far as I know, this was the only TM that ever had this problem.

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote