View Single Post
Old 08-13-2023, 11:20 AM   #2
Shane826
TrailManor Master

It’s a 2x4 frame around the perimeter of the floor. I believe in 2014 they were still just using lag bolts to secure the brackets to the floor. Nowadays it’s a whole lot more structurally robust.

The rust concerns me for two reasons. The bolts have either been exposed for quite a while allowing them to rust, or the wood frame in the floor is rotted due to water damage, or both. If it’s a simple matter of the lag bolts pulled out of the wood then this isn’t all that big a deal.

For now, see if you can jack the bracket up against the floor and close the camper with it he bracket jacked into place. Once it’s patched it’ll be fine until you open the camper again.

Long term fix depends on if the wood is still solid. That isn’t a usual spot for rot because water leaks through the roof don’t go down the wall and into the floor like on a traditional camper. When you get home pull a lag bolt out all the way and see if the bolt is rotted and what comes out with the bolt. Dry sawdust is good, mulch is bad.

Either way I’d be in contact with the dealer immediately. Hopefully it’s not Camping World.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote